Poll: Complete the season at neutral venues behind closed doors

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrandOldTeam

Staff member
I've voted no for the same reason as above. Wait until its safe to do so then have the fans back as get back to normal. Even if that means waiting until next season. As someone has pointed out on another thread, how can we have had the derby at theirs with a full house to then have it home with no fans? hardly fair is it.

I've voted no for the same reason as above. Wait until its safe to do so then have the fans back as get back to normal. Even if that means waiting until next season. As someone has pointed out on another thread, how can we have had the derby at theirs with a full house to then have it home with no fans? hardly fair is it.

Imagine supporting someone like Villa and getting relegated at a neutral venue because you've drawn or lost to a team that you should of played at home with 30 odd thousand fans up for the fight and pushing the team

Playing games in an empty stadium is when football loses its integrity, in fact, actually trying to complete a season during a global pandemic because the league is worried about it's TV deal is when all integrity has been lost

It just seems like a whole lot of hassle and bother for something a lot don't really care about. Just get everything in place for next season, the only benefit of this is for financial gain.

Think the government's latest statement is poor, I couldn't think of anyone worse to lift the mood of the nation then overpriced talentless frauds, especially when they're all out breaking rules showing that they're not the greatest role models.

Definitely not. Playing games out behind closed doors at neutral venues, completely loses any pretence of ‘integrity of the game’, as sides lose their vital home advantage when they played the reverse fixture under normal conditions. This could be crucial for clubs like Villa fighting for their PL lives.

In addition, behind closed doors football is an awful TV spectacle. The clamour for this solution is driven by the league not wishing to lose out on a chunk of TV cash, and nothing more than that.

Jesus why not just wait until the virus isn’t killing a thousand people a day and people are relatively safe again? I don’t get these people who can’t live without football, I really don’t. Restart it properly when it’s safe to and stop trying to rush things for no good reason.

Sport is supposed to be entertainment at the end of the day, not business. You wouldn't host other entertainment events when there's going to be no audience. The show doesn't have to go on. Just shows how much of a business it now is.

Status
Not open for further replies.