2019/20 Oumar Niasse

Status
Not open for further replies.
If one of the contributing reasons for the season being null and void is due to contracts of players expiring, then we could genuinely say that it was Oumar who took stopped them winning the title.

Shrewd signing from Bobby that, almost clairvoyance levels of awareness.

Or more likely they'll try and force us to give him and Martina an extension to help Liverpool seal the title

Or more likely they'll try and force us to give him and Martina an extension to help Liverpool seal the title
Everton Press Release: Niasse Given 5-year Extension
Manager Carlo Ancelotti said: "He was always an exceptional player for me in season 2013-14 Football Manager, helping me to many titles as I led Stalybridge Celtic from non-league to the Champions League. In light of this I wanted to show my gratitude by giving him a key role - keeping a spot on the bench warm, which he will gladly forfeit when an actual footballer comes off the field. I see him being a key asset from November to February."

We are never going to get rid of him...
I can definitely see little increase in pay over the next season or so, and possibly even a reduction in them. If a player like Niasse can 'force' even a week's extension, why wouldn't they? His name is mud here anyway after his "escapades" in Manchester next week - he'll drill the well until its dry because no other mugs will be giving him 55k a week.

Having said that, it's more likely that we are going to see voiding of the leagues and in which case how would this enforced contract extension work? Would a club who is about to go out of business be open to criticism if they enforced the contract end date to save themselves from going under? I'm a contractor and no one would cry if I got binned off if the company employing me needed to for financial reasons.

I think the fact that we have got so many players wrong over such a length of time indicates that the problem is the set up as a whole rather than individuals in their positions. Oumar Niasse wasn’t signed due to one person, multiple heads must’ve signed off on him and this is a trend we’ve seen again and again and again.

I think the fact that we have got so many players wrong over such a length of time indicates that the problem is the set up as a whole rather than individuals in their positions. Oumar Niasse wasn’t signed due to one person, multiple heads must’ve signed off on him and this is a trend we’ve seen again and again and again.
After Moyes left the structure in place for recruitment was clearly all over the place.

Status
Not open for further replies.