New Everton Stadium Discussion

£100m project, funded by Everton, for the community it wants to continue serving.
It looks like a fantastic proposal but I struggle to see how Everton can afford 100m plus when we will have a huge loan to pay and at the same time attempt to become a top four team which will also require spending lots of money on players.... unless Usmanov has some other novel idea of how to invest money within the FFP rules.... will the development of this project be subject to FFP rules?

I doubt we'll be funding the project to the tune of 100 million.

We'll be managing the project, bringing in grant money for the community based stuff, and partnering with businesses or public bodies to organise anything which has a commercial value ( housing, retail etc ). That would follow, and build on the model currently used by EITC.

Waving a wet finger in the air, I'd guess of the 100 million, we'd likely be looking at directly funding a max of 10 to 15 million of that ourselves.

I doubt we'll be funding the project to the tune of 100 million.

We'll be managing the project, bringing in grant money for the community based stuff, and partnering with businesses or public bodies to organise anything which has a commercial value ( housing, retail etc ). That would follow, and build on the model currently used by EITC.

Waving a wet finger in the air, I'd guess of the 100 million, we'd likely be looking at directly funding a max of 10 to 15 million of that ourselves.

from the Echo...

‘If planning permission is granted then it is likely to cost, in the region, of £100m to complete, with the money coming from the various development partners that will seek to work with Everton on this groundbreaking project. ‘

from the Echo...

‘If planning permission is granted then it is likely to cost, in the region, of £100m to complete, with the money coming from the various development partners that will seek to work with Everton on this groundbreaking project. ‘

Cheers mate

Which shows that sometimes it's worth reading the Echo ( which I didn't ), but in previous comms from the club they've talked about partnerships, so I wasn't exactly going out on a limb ! Plus a quick skim through EITC's annual reports would show people how a lot of things are currently funded, with most of the club's commitments being in kind.

It wouldn't get given the publicity that the RS (sorry I meant the FA/PL) would want if it proceeded now. Too much other bad news would bury this.

Yeah, I think the whole naming rights thing went completely under the radar anyway, there will be a lot of people who never even knew about it, just hope it passes the corrupt greedy bellends at the FA/PL, probably all want the their palms greasing

So much for that investigation being a myth.
I guess it to stop teams like city doing it in the future

The club have refuted their was an investigation.

They had a look at it, and have understandably waved it through without any need to look closely. As we all said they would. It's fine. Expect the agreement of the actual sponsorship to be much higher. In the old system that would have been fine as well, in the post Covid 19 world it will be not even acknowledged.