Old Everton Pictures

How did he keep that header out!! I was behind that goal, opposite end from the away fans! The smile on Andy Gray’s face when the ball bounced correctly for his volley!!!! He knew he was going to score before he even hit it!!!
It was a perfect team performance
I was in a box and you could drink during the game in those days. Id had a few before hand and plenty after as well. Pissed as a parrot

It was a perfect team performance
I was in a box and you could drink during the game in those days. Id had a few before hand and plenty after as well. Pissed as a parrot

...I was accidentally on the Shelf (I think that’s what they called their bit), and in a strange way it was a really interesting insight. Me and a mate were keeping ourselves to ourselves and I distinctly remember a broad cockney voice saying ‘they are some [Poor language removed] side’.

I also remember being in the queue to get in and the police marching a large group of Evertonians past and a cockney next to us saying, ‘fckn scousers will Rob yer trousers and you won’t even notice until your arse is cold’. I also recall watching from the side as our end erupted when the goals went in. Such a magnificent sight.

I’ve seen lots, but I can’t think of a better away visit than that. Midweek as well, a collective of players and fans. Those wins were almost never in doubt.