Club Statement: Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.

This isn't really anything to do with us but how ridiculous is it that spurs cut the wages of non playing staff yet dont touch those being paid umpteen times the whole of the non playing staffs yearly wages. We live in a sick world. I would like to think that if i was a spurs player i would offer a reduction in my wages so that those being paid less didn't have to suffer a reduction in wages which I'm sure a lot cant afford.

This isn't really anything to do with us but how ridiculous is it that spurs cut the wages of non playing staff yet dont touch those being paid umpteen times the whole of the non playing staffs yearly wages. We live in a sick world. I would like to think that if i was a spurs player i would offer a reduction in my wages so that those being paid less didn't have to suffer a reduction in wages which I'm sure a lot cant afford.

it’s a shame that individual multi millionaire football players in this country seem unable to act on their own and perform such gestures . Perhaps they want to act collectively but it does seem to illustrate the disconnect between fans and players , it wouldn’t even take much of a donation from players to generate huge Good faith .

Wonder how many of the Spurs players are considering leaving, now that they only get the basic wage instead of the heavily incentivised in inflated fees there used to?

i think this was a bit of a powerplay from levy (im not saying it is right, in fact it is definitely wrong) they going into negotiations on player wages with the PFA this morning. Far easier to negotiate that after cutting your own

Because it will cost all clubs a lot of money Matty, we’re talking hundreds of millions in some cases, to end the season early, with games to play and fates undecided, thats why.

Then, on top of that, you have the nightmare scenario of how prize money is carved up, who is relegated / promoted and how european spots are apportioned, which is a whole other mess that the authorities just do not want, understandably so.

It’s far, far easier for clubs, players and the authorities to simply freeze everything, defer wages, delay international tournaments, extend player contracts where possible (all of which you are seeing happen right now, it’s being done and has already been done) than to void an entire league season.

That decision was taken at conference level already and 60+ clubs at that level have already wrote to authorities to overturn the decision. Imagine that on a national scale for the 92 Football League clubs and you can see why the preference for all concerned (bar a small minority) is to resume when possibly and ONLY when it is safe to do so.

A big part of the response of those 60 clubs is questioning why they are being treated differently to others at other levels of the game. Why is their league season seen as 'less important' than the leagues above, when their very existence is similarly, or in some cases more so, at threat.

A big part of the response of those 60 clubs is questioning why they are being treated differently to others at other levels of the game. Why is their league season seen as 'less important' than the leagues above, when their very existence is similarly, or in some cases more so, at threat.

And I’d say that’s a very fair and reasonable response to that decision given the circumstances, wouldn’t you?

Though the inconsistency in decision making is clearly irritating to them, I don’t think that voiding the 4 leagues above them would make their objections to the decision disappear either.

Voiding has dire financial consequences for these clubs.

And I’d say that’s a very fair and reasonable response to that decision given the circumstances, wouldn’t you?

Though the inconsistency in decision making is clearly irritating to them, I don’t think that voiding the 4 leagues above them would make their objections to the decision disappear either.

Voiding has dire financial consequences for these clubs.

That was my point. the response of many of the clubs, not all, is based around the fact that all are FA affiliated, yet treated like second class citizens. I doubt there would have been any response or certainly a more muted one had the decision been across the whole league pyramid. The damage however, has already been done.

What will come of this will be absolute clarity on who owns the game. If the FA cannot mandate a ruleset that covers all of its members, then what is the point of it? What purpose does the FA serve in the higher leagues where cash is king? The FA cup has been devalued recently and the clubs in the upper leagues, actually, just the EPL, are already starting to push back with the request to change the format of the FA cup to suit them.

The FA may have to at some point cessate their leadership role over the PL, and that may just be the beginning of the end.

There will be a point where the decision will have to be made as to whether this season is finished, or next season isn't started. I just pray that whatever the decision may be, and I have no idea what it will be, as most on here don't, that it is made for entirely the right reasons.

For what its worth, I think they have jumped the gun on the 'expunging' of leagues and league records, but it may well prove to be the only viable decision when all is said and done.

Levy is a scumbag, no different from the likes of Mike Ashley

Status
Not open for further replies.