Club Statement: Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Juve players take 4 month pay freeze
Barcelona player take 70% pay cut.
Premier League players zilch. Overpayed mercenaries most of them

Spain and Italy are far worse affected by this than us, (so far).

edit. Oh, some was deleted for some reason.

Meant to say that the UK are still coming to terms with it, if things get to their levels, I am sure an awful lot of highly paid footballers will have their conscience pricked.

Juve players take 4 month pay freeze
Barcelona players take 70% pay cut.
Premier League players zilch. Overpayed mercenaries most of them
A very small minority have contributed something like Seamus has donated in Ireland and Kean is trying to organise something for Italy. But the vast majority of players in our league have just sat at home prob playing on PlayStation and counting the money

And those payments have already been made, no? Doubt they'd have a leg to stand on if they demanded payback.

I wouldn't rule out they could win. It's a possibility. However them having already paid the money makes it a lot harder. I would add though, if they are that desperate to make money back, they are also likely to do the same if the season is finished outside of it's usual parameters, or a single additional game is streamed to a rival competitor outside of the initial agreement.

Poorly ran clubs like Everton whos wage bill is about 9000% of their income will go under quicker than the titanic.

I would say clubs owned by American's who have a portfolio of assets in America, which is getting hammered are far more at danger. If one of those companies went bust, it's Leeds United time for the club in question.

I wouldn't rule out they could win. It's a possibility. However them having already paid the money makes it a lot harder. I would add though, if they are that desperate to make money back, they are also likely to do the same if the season is finished outside of it's usual parameters, or a single additional game is streamed to a rival competitor outside of the initial agreement.

Surely this would fall under a frustrated contract.

If SKY dropped out of football then Amazon would step in or many others domestic and international corporations. The game will go on.....
Sky hardly have any football on anymore in the grand scheme of things. I remember when they had all the PL and the foreign stuff but now it just seems like it's more EFL and the odd PL game. All the decent stuff is on BT and other stations.

Status
Not open for further replies.