Club Statement: Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a line or two on this ,I had a friend die a few days ago quite a wealthy guy ( last time I heard his income was 5mill euros in one year ) the money meant nothing nor did the fact that he been careless because he hadn't ,he was infected at his birthday party by someone who had been skiing .
This virus knows no boundaries and if you are as old as me you have to think that this could be your last week ! If not you are not taking it seriously enough .
Scaremongering ,no, just don't want to go .

I will make a definitive statement on whether this season will be finished or not. I am 100 percent correct on this.
Here goes..
NO one on here has a clue what is going to happen . No matter how much you argue it or debate it . You haven't got a scooby .
Thanks.
Might as well shut the forums down now then.

there certainly will & timing might just fit that works nicely in a readjusted scheduled, I think UEFA, PL etc will ultimately come out with a statement sooner rather than later saying something along the lines of.....

"Due to the unprecedented situation, there will be no decision on the current season, future seasons or the Euro's until there is a clear safe date for football to return agreed"
They will have a date in mind before the date of next seasons start and if it's not done by then all focus will be on getting next seasons games on.
Void no later than August 2020 IMO.

We will finish the league in June. Smash a load of games out in 4-5 weeks. then start next season on time.. ish.

At first I was gonna laugh at this.

But.

April is going to be horrific, like really bad, early May as well possibly, but by late May things MIGHT be starting to calm down, its impossible to say at this point tho, Italy and Spain are out of control, whos to say anybody can plug this.

We will finish the league in June. Smash a load of games out in 4-5 weeks. then start next season on time.. ish.
That is almost certain what those in charge are hoping for.
But, Dr Fauci in the USA said that the virus will create its own timeline and I think he is correct about that.

If things have improved sufficiently by July or August we may see the league finished in a hurry in empty stadia iaround the country .
I cannot see crowds at football for a long time.

That is almost certain what those in charge are hoping for.
But, Dr Fauci in the USA said that the virus will create its own timeline and I think he is correct about that.

If things have improved sufficiently by July or August we may see the league finished in a hurry in empty stadia iaround the country .
I cannot see crowds at football for a long time.
According to the govt today we’re looking at 6 months before restrictions are fully lifted. I agree there won’t be crowds at games for quite a while, especially while there is still a risk of another wave of the virus.

On top of that, the psychological scarring of this is going to be horrendous. Can see a lot of people not being comfortable being at mass gatherings for quite some time.

Status
Not open for further replies.