Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Theyre both top quality.

Not sure about the "destroyer" shouts so much...think it depends on Ancelotti.

I mean, Arthur and Tonali in midfield are such intelligent players who have bite and can really play.

Semedo is something else at right back...
Though both of those midfielders are very technically good, I think height, power and athleticism is very much what we need right now. Gbamin is too much of an unknown to consider a starter. Plus tonali is going to be very very pricey
Semedo could be shrewd if we pull off one of our usual Barca loan stunts

Get Pedro from Chelsea. He's a smart wee cookie. Cheery fellow too.

I was hoping now with Carlo in, the days of signing "once boss" players that won't have much impact were over. In short, [Poor language removed] no.

Pjanic. Realistic, still boss, worth 2 league positions.

I think a number of factors with Digne. He’s been carrying a couple of injuries this season and no doubt teams realised he was probably our most effective player last season and were trying to stifle him. Did he not also have a family bereavement or something too?
I know there has been some stuff about his wife struggling with a new born baby, or something of that ilk.

No more Barca Boys please.
Digne, Gomes and Minna have hardly been poor business.
Hardly great signings though, Mina has the same problems Keane does (too slow and lacks concentration) Gomes is woefully inconsistent as a player, on his day he is great but he struggles to stick more than 2/3 decent games together, that's been a career problem for him. Digne has been a decent signing, but his form has gone off a bit this season for some reason.
I think a number of factors with Digne. He’s been carrying a couple of injuries this season and no doubt teams realised he was probably our most effective player last season and were trying to stifle him. Did he not also have a family bereavement or something too?
Though both of those midfielders are very technically good, I think height, power and athleticism is very much what we need right now. Gbamin is too much of an unknown to consider a starter. Plus tonali is going to be very very pricey
Semedo could be shrewd if we pull off one of our usual Barca loan stunts

Digne £18mil, Gomes £22mil and Mina £28mil we would make a profit on as a group, £68mil for those three players should be a no brainer.

What we need to do now is add to these players to form a squad with a diverse blend.

As for Tonali and Arthur (as unlikely as they may be) they are 'proper' footballers...not only fancy dans and are very mobile.

Weve seen how ballers cut through our midfield and how Gomes (when on form) destroys teams.

I think we should look at going down that route and play on the front foot.

Well we seem to be signing Gabriel...now we need a similiar aged potentially world class midfielder.
The thing is Tonali is a deep lying play maker. He doesn't push far up the field and his defensive and final 3rd numbers are appalling. If we want energy and aggression Tonali is not the one. He would provide the same to the team that Gomes does which would land us £50m+ in the hole with little improvement to the squad.

Absolutely imo. We lose every battle in midfield. I don't know a thing about Gblammo but one recurring injury or Gomes being out brings us right back to the biggest issue we have.
Well we seem to be signing Gabriel...now we need a similiar aged potentially world class midfielder.
1000% Midfield is our biggest problem area by far and also most important, especially if we proceed with 4-4-2. Davies, Sig, and Snides should all be considered 4th choice at best. Honestly wouldn’t be upset getting rid of all of them and bringing in two new ones, assuming Gbamin is fit by next year.
Sorry thought the OP meant "pressing" as in applying pressure

The thing is Tonali is a deep lying play maker. He doesn't push far up the field and his defensive and final 3rd numbers are appalling. If we want energy and aggression Tonali is not the one. He would provide the same to the team that Gomes does which would land us £50m+ in the hole with little improvement to the squad.

Tonali does not lack energy and aggression

Status
Not open for further replies.