Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barca offering players for Lautaro Martinez.

Two of those players are Semedo and Arthur...

We should be sniffing around after those two.
Semedo would be the pick of the bunch. Portuguese to boot, would be able to communicate with our Brazilians easily
Arthur probably not the destroyer we need in midfield right now.

More pressing than a CB eh?
1000% Midfield is our biggest problem area by far and also most important, especially if we proceed with 4-4-2. Davies, Sig, and Snides should all be considered 4th choice at best. Honestly wouldn’t be upset getting rid of all of them and bringing in two new ones, assuming Gbamin is fit by next year.

Semedo would be the pick of the bunch. Portuguese to boot, would be able to communicate with our Brazilians easily
Arthur probably not the destroyer we need in midfield right now.

Theyre both top quality.

Not sure about the "destroyer" shouts so much...think it depends on Ancelotti.

I mean, Arthur and Tonali in midfield are such intelligent players who have bite and can really play.

Semedo is something else at right back...

1000% Midfield is our biggest problem area by far and also most important, especially if we proceed with 4-4-2. Davies, Sig, and Snides should all be considered 4th choice at best. Honestly wouldn’t be upset getting rid of all of them and bringing in two new ones, assuming Gbamin is fit by next year.
I think siggurdsson and Schneiderlin will be shipped out if they can. And it wouldn’t surprise me if Davies is sold, if a decent offer came in.

We need definitely 4 to cover the midfield positions, and Ancelotti might want 5. Especially with gbamin starting from scratch, we are all still not sure how he will take to the premier league. And can’t imagine he will play 50 games.

So 1 midfielder is a certainty and maybe we will get 2 , to give us 5.

Arthur is complete garbo.

Digne, Gomes and Minna have hardly been poor business.
Hardly great signings though, Mina has the same problems Keane does (too slow and lacks concentration) Gomes is woefully inconsistent as a player, on his day he is great but he struggles to stick more than 2/3 decent games together, that's been a career problem for him. Digne has been a decent signing, but his form has gone off a bit this season for some reason.

Hardly great signings though, Mina has the same problems Keane does (too slow and lacks concentration) Gomes is woefully inconsistent as a player, on his day he is great but he struggles to stick more than 2/3 decent games together, that's been a career problem for him. Digne has been a decent signing, but his form has gone off a bit this season for some reason.
I think a number of factors with Digne. He’s been carrying a couple of injuries this season and no doubt teams realised he was probably our most effective player last season and were trying to stifle him. Did he not also have a family bereavement or something too?

Status
Not open for further replies.