Club Statement: Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could very well be; I suspect that there will be a pan European decision though - no way La liga will go one way, the PL the other etc etc.
Vauxhall motors, bootle were promoted now season voided. So all leagues shouldbe the same. We are out of europe. C'mon FA show some bottle

I’d happily wager that I’ve read more legal contracts than you’ve watched dem red men on a grainy stream mate.
So I know they’re usually extremely watertight and so lawsuits are often speculative and poorly advised.

However, if you want to maintain an ongoing business relationship then negotiated agreement is always the prudent outcome.

Sadly - I would happily take your bet - as much as I could do without it.

Many many lawsuits are speculative and poorly advised, regularly by those who have a vested interest in the lawsuit happening in the first place, anyway it is speculation on a contract and an outcome of a pandemic neither of us fully understand. All I am saying is the reality of legal disputes whether league goes ahead, is voided, restructured to include Leeds WBA etc. is a live one

Sadly - I would happily take your bet - as much as I could do without it.

Many many lawsuits are speculative and poorly advised, regularly by those who have a vested interest in the lawsuit happening in the first place, anyway it is speculation on a contract and an outcome of a pandemic neither of us fully understand. All I am saying is the reality of legal disputes whether league goes ahead, is voided, restructured to include Leeds WBA etc. is a live one

Why do you post here? And why, why do you hang around? Why do you come here, when we know you are a kopite, when we know, oh why do you come?

I've no idea how you have lost your earning's and that sucks - but there are going to be hundreds of court cases on the back of this. Insurer's Vs Restaurants & Bars; multiple contracts from construction to concerts, to TV rights to football.

It's not a case of whether TV or Football would win the law suit over who owes who; just the inevitability of there being law suits, suing and counter-suing left right and center

Simple solution.

Force Majeure.

Because Kopites always think other fans want to hear their opinions on football. I know, I know.

you both couldn't be further from the truth - to assume some must be a kopite because they are argued a different point to some (rarely outside this thread btw) is disingenuous and lazy. I'm wondering do you think I invested two years of posting or the months in my bedroom creating the coronavirus to orchestrate this debate ?

My point on this thread has been a simple one.... there is no simple solution to getting football back up and running after this pandemic & all will have their challanges, whether that be void & new season, carry on or anything else. I have posed some reasons for and against the majority of them, not just the league will be void and August KO

All the best ;)

Sorry mate for the late reply, I wasn't talking about me going over to RAWK to read it, no need to when a couple are on here posting on their behalf lol
To be honest I've only read about 3/4 of their twaddle on here so far. I hope all the visiting rawkites can suspend posting for maybe 3 months so I can catch up. Everyone else can start posting at 150% from next January to make up for the lost time. Or we could all just pretend I'd read it all and give me a participation trophy.

The behind closed doors thing is utter idiocy. I could write a book on it. Just some of the main point.

Firstly football games will be gatherings of hundreds of people (players, subs, physics, doctors, ambulances, runners, lighting engineers, cameramen, producers, directors, reporters, anchors, former pro's, directors, shareholders, coaches etc). A gathering of that many people, at a time when we are trying really hard to convince people having a BBQ, or nipping to the beach with your mates is the exact sort of confused messaging we really have to avoid.

Secondly, and what a lot aren't grasping, is there is absolutely no evidence to suggest the last round of footballers catching Corona Virus was in any way linked to supporters. If your argument is to protect the integrity and health of the players (which face it, for the advocates it is, they couldn't care less of the fans) then you are simply not keeping them safe by having them play each other. They will catch and spread the virus again, and with 2-3 weeks it will have to be abandoned again.

There seems to be a real stupidity in this country to what medical experts say, often with the most inanely stupid being the least willing to listen. They are not joking when they say, people shouldn't be congregating together. It's not safe to go to the park and have a kick about.

The PL news to stop looking for short cuts and loopholes around this situation and start getting with the program. The Olympics has been banned in July. This season is done. The focus has to be about next season and trying to get that on. Anything other than that as an approach will risk lives.
They will have to ban spitting. That will be hard to some footballers. They love it!

Absolutely fantastic turnout by everyone in the UK tonight at 8 to show support for our brilliant NHS workers. Never seen so many people in my street clapping and making noise for these heroes
Hope they were keeping their distance from each other ;)

I did 28 years in the NHS and I reckon I may have have given many nurses the clap in that time :blush:

Status
Not open for further replies.