Club Statement: Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
The press conference yesterday made things clearer. The fact is we are in uncharted waters over this business. It is impossible to state what will be the number of infections or people passing away. The figures quoted are estimates on looking at China and Italy. For BoJo will not be judged on the parameter you quote, it is at the moment impossible to give any firm figures, we will not now until the end whenever that may be. ON the subject the leisure industry the chancellor has addressed that and as for schools, ATM I think he is correct to keep them open as long as possible. Closing themwill send children home, to play on the streets, parents to take time off work or worst of all for Grandparents to mind them. Closure may well come IDC, the government are on top of this.

From memory, you live in Eire, ist hat right? So what is your government doing?
All schools universities etc closed
All bars and hotels bars closed
All cinemas,hairdressers ,beauty salons etc
Any non essential premises that cannot implement social distancing is basically closed
Our factory has introduced social distancing
Split breaks reconfigured canteens etc.

That is right, it has been left to those businesses, it was made clear it was a matter of personal choice for one to go for a drink or a meal just maintain a safe distance and keep clean.

AS an example a very posh restuarant here where I live are staying op. They have taken steps to provide disinfectant facilities like hand gel, they are taking more staff to support the rigid and frequent cleaning of tables etc, also some table have been removed and the spaces between what is left have been increased substantially. Now that is constructive forward thinking are other business owners brain dead?
That does appear to be reckless behaviour by the government. I am sure they are sharing information with every other country and that there is a world wide united effort to defeat this illness, the fact that they seem to adopting a very different approach to most other countries is disturbing.

The consequence of this may be a far higher spike in illnesses and the emergency lasting for a much longer period.
But, we are all in unchartered waters and nobody really knows how this will play out.

That does appear to be reckless behaviour by the government. I am sure they are sharing information with every other country and that there is a world wide united effort to defeat this illness, the fact that they seem to adopting a very different approach to most other countries is disturbing.

The consequence of this may be a far higher spike in illnesses and the emergency lasting for a much longer period.
But, we are all in unchartered waters and nobody really knows how this will play out.

So all other countries are right, like Spain and France forcing everyone to stay indoors only allowed out to shop or walk the dog and only one person at a time. Nobody knows what is the best way so impossible to judge at this time.

PS glad I do not live in London.

Where is that number coming from tho?

China seem to be over it and they only had 80,000 infected throughout the whole thing, numbers of deaths are much lower
Yesterday Sir Patrick Vallance the Chief scientific officer said keeping the figure of deaths under 20,000 would be a good outcome.

BTW are you honestly believing what is coming out of China ?

The people pushing for it to be restarted asap so they get whet they feel is owed to them aren't even remotely bothered about all those losers.

Much afraid Jacko you are on the "money" The ones you refer to could not give a pooh just thinking of them selves, also never mind the ill.

Yesterday Sir Patrick Vallance the Chief scientific officer said keeping the figure of deaths under 20,000 would be a good outcome.

BTW are you honestly believing what is coming out of China ?

In short No. I mean according to them it was all an American plot and to blame the Chinese.

Nothing must stand in the way, never mind people becoming ill and many passing away.

To be fair, it's an 'aim' rather than a reschedule. I genuinely hope that they will be able to reschedule the football, as it would mean things have calmed down. At present, I think it seems unlikely.

Status
Not open for further replies.