Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still the biggest issue we have in the next transfer window is getting shot of players who are holding us back. Tosun and Cocu can just be released. We need to find buyers for Snids, Siggs and Walcott, they are on big wages and are not earning them. While it pains me greatly to say it I would also let Baines go, he could get a couple of years in America to round off a brilliant career. Niasse is another to exit.
Getting rid to those would free up a big chunk of wages and allow us to bring in fresh talent. There are a few more I could think of that could be sold but to sell 75% of you first team squad might be a tad radical.

Release Cenk no way, he still has a market value.

I’d be happy if we sign Gabriel and he comes in as a top quality centre half that we don’t have any doubts about as that is what’s very much needed atm. We have to get every single signing bang on this season

I’d be happy if we sign Gabriel and he comes in as a top quality centre half that we don’t have any doubts about as that is what’s very much needed atm. We have to get every single signing bang on this season

Then offer Keane in the transfer market. That should help offset the cost.

Neiler see my post rumour is that CP still interested.
I sincerely hope they are but the time has come for us to stop playing at being a top club and start acting like one. If you don't have an active roll to play and you are stopping us bringing in a replacement because of your wage then it is time to go. Nobody likes to see money wasted but we have to be realistic, we have bought some wasters lately, I don't see the point in continuing to throw money away on wages to save face. If CP are wiling to pay for Tosun, then happy days, but we need to be realistic and reduce his price to a level where someone is willing to take him.
I would wish all players being sold good luck but I believe there is a cost to be paid for top end football and that isn't only about bringing players in it is about taking a loss to get players who have no role to play in the future out.
If we are serious about challenging for top 6/4 then we need to bite the bullet are get on with it. I have always believed that you cannot stand stil in football, you are either moving forwards or backwards, if these players are not part of the future then move them on.

I sincerely hope they are but the time has come for us to stop playing at being a top club and start acting like one. If you don't have an active roll to play and you are stopping us bringing in a replacement because of your wage then it is time to go. Nobody likes to see money wasted but we have to be realistic, we have bought some wasters lately, I don't see the point in continuing to throw money away on wages to save face. If CP are wiling to pay for Tosun, then happy days, but we need to be realistic and reduce his price to a level where someone is willing to take him.
I would wish all players being sold good luck but I believe there is a cost to be paid for top end football and that isn't only about bringing players in it is about taking a loss to get players who have no role to play in the future out.
If we are serious about challenging for top 6/4 then we need to bite the bullet are get on with it. I have always believed that you cannot stand stil in football, you are either moving forwards or backwards, if these players are not part of the future then move them on.

Its like panic buying in the super market, its just a reaction borne out of anexity.

Truth is you cant just crystallize a loss like that.

He signed a 4 and half year contract which expires in 2022 for 27 mill.

4.5 by 27 mill = 6mill annually in a book price. This summer his book price is 12 million, with 2 years remaining on his contract, his value to the club.

To release him we are writing of 12 million, he also has a a market as we know Palace took him to have a look at him with an option of 20 million and we know others were interested. If we sold him for 20 million, we are making 6 mill on his book price. If we release him we are making and crystallizing a 12 million loss. So for FFP we have accrued a 12 mill loss before we do anything or look at signing a replacement.

Wages are important but unimportant as we have already budgeted for them.

If we havent binned Sandro, Bolaise or Niasse, there is no scenario in the world were we are binning Cenk.

Its like panic buying in the super market, its just a reaction borne out of anexity.

4.5 by 27 mill = 6mill annually in a book price. This summer his book price is 12 million, with 2 years remaining on his contract, his value to the club.

To release him we are writing of 12 million, he also has a a market as we know Palace took him to have a look at him with an option of 20 million and we know others were interested. If we sold him for 20 million, we are making 6 mill on his book price. If we release him we are making and crystallizing a 12 million loss. So for FFP we have accrued a 12 mill loss before we do anything or look at signing a replacement.

If we havent binned Sandro, Bolaise or Niasse, there is no scenario in the world were we are binning Cenk.

Sandro, Bolaise and Niasse all have to go as well, Tosun is probably the best of chance of a good transfer fee, I accept that. It is very frustrating to see Everton talking about moving forward when we have so much deadwood holding us back. I accept me willing to give Tosun away was borne of of frustration. But sell him on quickly, don't let him become Niasse sitting out this contract collecting a wage better spend on someone else.

All very neatly put Mate but as you mention the crucial fact in all this is FFP. that is the bugbear. If players are released or sold how will this reflect on the balance sheet surely they are recorded as assets?

Sandro, Bolaise and Niasse all have to go as well, Tosun is probably the best of chance of a good transfer fee, I accept that. It is very frustrating to see Everton talking about moving forward when we have so much deadwood holding us back. I accept me willing to give Tosun away was borne of of frustration. But sell him on quickly, don't let him become Niasse sitting out this contract collecting a wage better spend on someone else.

That is a horrifying thought.

Good post mate, i know where you are coming from we are all coming from the same place. Im not sure there is a blanket answer, each case requires a strategic response. Cenk definitely has a market value, we have offset some of his cost this year, by a loan fee and i assume Palace picked up his wage while on loan - in not sure what that situation is now he is injured. I think we will sell for money eventually, so id sit on him until fit. he could go to the Euros (whenever they happen) and have a stormer - he usually does for Turkey.

Similarly Bolaise, hes had three loans now and we would have clawed some finance back on fees and wages. His book price is minimal now anyway, so real money would be great for him, its whether he would move of not - hes on the contract of his life - if he was offered a deal elsewhere for years it might be prudent to leave for longevity.

Sandro i can see being rinse and repeat we are offsetting cost with him best we can, loaning him out elsewhere taking a percentage of the wage.

The difficulty is releasing these lads, we are liable to pay up the remainder of their contracts as we want to break them. Like when we sack a a manager they are entitled to a pay out for the remainder of their contracts.

If it was as straight forward as just releasing these lads, football would be awash with released players every window, every club has a few.

Unfortunately are only option may be to bide our time with some of them.

All very neatly put Mate but as you mention the crucial fact in all this is FFP. that is the bugbear. If players are released or sold how will this reflect on the balance sheet surely they are recorded as assets?

That is actually the point i was making making, we are crytalising a loss on an asset - which is a loss in FFP. Sorry if that was unclear. I wasnt advocating for releasing players.

That is actually the point i was making making, we are crytalising a loss on an asset - which is a loss in FFP. Sorry if that was unclear. I wasnt advocating for releasing players.

The whole flaming business, virus, FFP etc is a right can of worms, heavens knows how this will work out idc.

The whole flaming business, virus, FFP etc is a right can of worms, heavens knows how this will work out idc.

It will be interesting to see what happens, the whole transfer market could be a bit stilled, we might have a scenario where games are played while the window is open this summer and clubs who have budgeted from Sep to June might acrew losses as they loose players either on frees or loan players go back to their parent clubs. Look at someone like Henderson hes on loan from Utd, if games are played in June, he could be back at Utd. Sheff Utd may have to fork out for a keeper acrew a unexpected loss.

This will be seen throughout the game, unexpected and unbudgeted for losses, i wouldn't be surprised to see some kind of FFP amnesty in the coming time for a year or so.

Income is also uncertain, gate receipts, corporate facilities, contracts with no product provided i.e. football, general commercial revenue, prize money. We are entering a very uncertain unique time.

Status
Not open for further replies.