Club Statement: Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
This,
But oh no some on here don’t want it do they ffs the mind boggles
I am with you on this Matty but it seems (somewhat surprisingly) that we are in the minority, and the majority of our fellow blues would rather hand it to them. I have to admit, when people say we are too nice as a club then this is evidence of that. We will just have to accept it.

He could agree terms, which in fairness he can do now anyway as he’s in his last 6 months, he couldn’t play for his new club till the new window opened though.

Given the circumstances, I can’t see many players refusing a short extension.
A free agent can sign for a club at any time of the season

Sense and sensibility from Carlo, gives you a warm feeling.

Ancelotti: 'Everton not self-isolating' | Football Italia
By Football Italia staff

Ancelotti-2003-angry-epa_0.jpg
EPA.png

Carlo Ancelotti reveals Everton are “not really self-isolating at all” after one of their players developed Coronavirus symptoms and it was “about time” the Premier League was suspended.
The Premier League was finally forced into suspending its fixture list this weekend, but only after Arsenal manager Mikel Arteta and several players in different clubs either tested positive for Coronavirus or showed symptoms of the illness.

A statement from the club said that “one member of the Everton first-team squad reported a high temperature and is now undertaking a period of self-isolation for seven days. In line with the Government guidelines, no other players are self-isolating at this stage, but the Club’s USM training facility has been closed as a precaution and staff, including players, have been advised to stay away from all Club sites until further notice.”

Ancelotti, the only Italian coach in the Premier League right now, explains the situation.
“We’re not really self-isolating at all, but some prevention measures did come in after a player had a fever, but his temperature has dropped now and that’s the most important thing,” the former Napoli coach told La Gazzetta dello Sport.

“The Premier League did stop eventually, and it’s about time. It was the right decision faced with the scenario. We couldn’t continue. Health is the most important thing for everyone: teams, fans, media, everyone who works in football.

“In theory, we ought to get back to work on March 22, but if the situation in general should worsen, how can we even think of that? If the Coronavirus is still spreading rapidly, football cannot resume.”
There are debates about how the Premier League should be decided if there can be no more games this season, with some even calling for the whole campaign to be null and void.
“To be perfectly honest, I am not interested,” added Ancelotti. “Football counts for zero right now and it almost irritates me to be talking about it, faced with the tragedy that is unfolding in front of our eyes. This is a pandemic, a situation none of us had experienced before now.

“The number of deaths in Italy (1,266) is terrible. In one day, another 250 people died. The priority is to concentrate on this fight, the rest doesn’t matter.”

The first case in Italy was three weeks ago, but in Britain they are only at the start of this wave.
“Italy were forced to understand that it was time to stop being superficial, they had to respect the orders and stay home, to respect themselves and others during this war,” continued Ancelotti.

“I watched Prime Minister Boris Johnson’s speech on TV and it seems to be someone here hasn’t realised the gravity of the situation. Life continues as normal, to a certain degree.”

By Football Italia staff

EPA.png

Carlo Ancelotti reveals Everton are “not really self-isolating at all” after one of their players developed Coronavirus symptoms and it was “about time” the Premier League was suspended.
The Premier League was finally forced into suspending its fixture list this weekend, but only after Arsenal manager Mikel Arteta and several players in different clubs either tested positive for Coronavirus or showed symptoms of the illness.

A statement from the club said that “one member of the Everton first-team squad reported a high temperature and is now undertaking a period of self-isolation for seven days. In line with the Government guidelines, no other players are self-isolating at this stage, but the Club’s USM training facility has been closed as a precaution and staff, including players, have been advised to stay away from all Club sites until further notice.”

Ancelotti, the only Italian coach in the Premier League right now, explains the situation.
“We’re not really self-isolating at all, but some prevention measures did come in after a player had a fever, but his temperature has dropped now and that’s the most important thing,” the former Napoli coach told La Gazzetta dello Sport.

“The Premier League did stop eventually, and it’s about time. It was the right decision faced with the scenario. We couldn’t continue. Health is the most important thing for everyone: teams, fans, media, everyone who works in football.

“In theory, we ought to get back to work on March 22, but if the situation in general should worsen, how can we even think of that? If the Coronavirus is still spreading rapidly, football cannot resume.”
There are debates about how the Premier League should be decided if there can be no more games this season, with some even calling for the whole campaign to be null and void.
“To be perfectly honest, I am not interested,” added Ancelotti. “Football counts for zero right now and it almost irritates me to be talking about it, faced with the tragedy that is unfolding in front of our eyes. This is a pandemic, a situation none of us had experienced before now.

“The number of deaths in Italy (1,266) is terrible. In one day, another 250 people died. The priority is to concentrate on this fight, the rest doesn’t matter.”

The first case in Italy was three weeks ago, but in Britain they are only at the start of this wave.
“Italy were forced to understand that it was time to stop being superficial, they had to respect the orders and stay home, to respect themselves and others during this war,” continued Ancelotti.

“I watched Prime Minister Boris Johnson’s speech on TV and it seems to be someone here hasn’t realised the gravity of the situation. Life continues as normal, to a certain degree.”

I love him very very much

What if an out of contract player gets injured while playing while out of contract?

Damages his career prospects

Id assume for high level players Prem etc we could agree contract extensions until the end of the season, but I’d probably expect a token one off, opening of the transfer windows.
It’s not fair in the players to potentially play on month to month basis, get injured and not find a club and lose earnings, I’d like to think the Players Association would push for that anyway!

which would again create issues. Say spurs spend £200m on a push for the top 4, but Sheffield Utd can’t get back to grips with the restart, suffer injuries, and ultimately miss out, it’s a bit heavy isn’t it?

I still can’t think of a solution where the season continues tbh.

By Football Italia staff

EPA.png

Protect this man at all costs.

Id assume for high level players Prem etc we could agree contract extensions until the end of the season, but I’d probably expect a token one off, opening of the transfer windows.
It’s not fair in the players to potentially play on month to month basis, get injured and not find a club and lose earnings, I’d like to think the Players Association would push for that anyway!

which would again create issues. Say spurs spend £200m on a push for the top 4, but Sheffield Utd can’t get back to grips with the restart, suffer injuries, and ultimately miss out, it’s a bit heavy isn’t it?

It's a huge minefield. The easiest answer seems to be wipe the slate clean but even then, that presents problems

I don't think the majority of Everton supporters or those of any other club agree to handing over the title to Liverpool. In fact, I believe the opposite. And it's not about a vendetta or refusing positive feely vibes.

It's because, that would seriously undermine the integrity of the sport. And the can of worms that would accompany it. There is really only two solutions here. Void or delay until circumstances permit. Anything else is a gross injustice and an insult to supporters across the globe.

Otherwise why not just have a league with only Liverpool in it, just so they could win it every year and tell us it's a miracle, aka Barcelona and Istanbul. No I'm sorry it cuts both ways. if Leicester can win the league while being bottom the previous season. Liverpool can lose the league being top, even after being two wins away.

Life happens. Deal with it.

Get the people at football manager to create a game and have the start point from where it is now, injuries, suspensions everything the same, then simulate the remainder of the season. Final standings are final no complaints or moaning if things don't go your way or your docked 20 points from the start of next season.

It's a win-win situation IMO. The league gets canned and they don't get it then the amount of heads falling off from them lot will be amazing and if they are awarded it, then they were just given it and never won it.

Looking at it if it was a team other than Liverpool, I'd say they should be given it as they (begrudgingly) deserve it. As it is actually that lot across the park, stuff 'em!!!!! Miracles happen in football they will tell you, remember Istanbul or the Barcelona game? Ok! If miracles can happen then City can overturn a 25 point lead!

Let's not forget, they are partly responsible for our decline after the European ban. They deserve nothing. Yes I'm bitter, but who wouldn't be with neighbours like that
this

Status
Not open for further replies.