Club Statement: Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm OK for a while in Ireland, I work in a school and we are shut now, so I'll be paid for a while but if it goes on for long enough and the rest of the country is shut down there's no way the government could justify maintaining my salary along with every other teacher and school staff. I could also be redeployed to help out where needed, and with my past as an electrician I'll probably end up working maintenance in a hospital if other maintenance come down with the dose.. I'll be there if required but it's still a worry.

I think thats more likely. That you will be redeployed. However government contracts will be different to private sector ones. We are going to find out how water tight these contracts are.

I'm OK for a while in Ireland, I work in a school and we are shut now, so I'll be paid for a while but if it goes on for long enough and the rest of the country is shut down there's no way the government could justify maintaining my salary along with every other teacher and school staff. I could also be redeployed to help out where needed, and with my past as an electrician I'll probably end up working maintenance in a hospital if other maintenance come down with the dose.. I'll be there if required but it's still a worry.
Any talk of online lessons/online learning packs? Sounds like a logical solution to me and we have the technology as a society

Said this today to some RS at work. " Now you know how we felt after heysel
Yet, I doubt that many of their fans would make such an association, and if it were pointed out to them it would be batted away; their misery is like no other.

Ultimately, a sporting competition is an immensely low part in the grand scheme of society and dealing with this pandemic must take priority.

They are going to win the league. It won't be voided.
Of course, but they'll win it in a game played behind closed doors, completely tarnishing the moment. This season will be tainted forever and they know it. Oh sure they'll try to pretend that they don't care but they will, and whats more they'll know that we know that they're devastated.

Said this today to some RS at work. " Now you know how we felt after heysel

Screw them, they have won enough leagues. We need to campaign to give Blackpool the league title they richly deserve when the league got suspended:

Screenshot_20200313-163125_Chrome.jpg

If we can't give it to Blackpool we can't give it to the RS. Has to be the same rules for everybody.

Prepare to be surprised.

I have no doubt that Revelations could kick off and they'd still be media, F.A and mouth breathers saying play on.

Fortunately, best friends, colleagues and family members realise that, "hey stuff happens" and would move on. We did. Didn't we?

In the next coming weeks we'll see. It's going to get to a point when continuing is surreal and absurd.

I have no doubt that Revelations could kick off and they'd still be media, F.A and mouth breathers saying play on.

Fortunately, best friends, colleagues and family members realise that, "hey stuff happens" and would move on. We did. Didn't we?

In the next coming weeks we'll see. It's going to get to a point when continuing is surreal and absurd.
Whole country is very close to a surreal situation in general- its going to be crazy quickly.

Wonder what Trump will say? Will we be on our own in the "herd immunity" "keep calm and wash your hands" experiment?

Admit just had a quick gander, apparently one of them has scooped that two clubs want the season cancelled, the rest want to continue, I imagine. A fair few (arf) reckon it's us and City, or Us and Spurs, a few are saying it's WHU and Villa, haha, who knows. One thing is you've guessed it were bitter. lol

Have we ruled out the possibility that Liverpool are the team asking for the cancellation, rather than submitting to blood tests?

Any talk of online lessons/online learning packs? Sounds like a logical solution to me and we have the technology as a society
We set up google classroom and gave students codes to log into each class, so we can post resources and give them work to do, that's as much as we can do it's up to them to log in.. our principal told us 2 weeks ago to start getting it set up. As long as the ones with state exams coming up log in and do their work they are most important right now.

Have we ruled out the possibility that Liverpool are the team asking for the cancellation, rather than submitting to blood tests?

Chelsea, Watford and Bournemouth all have players or staff who are self isolating due to symptoms or confirmation of the virus.
All have played one club in particular since the 29/02 and yet nothing about potential cases...

Status
Not open for further replies.