Match Thread Chelsea v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Carlo says everything wrong over run in midfield. Not surprised with Siggy, Davies and a not fully for Gomes. The first two there we all know are not worth a light. Why does not give some U23s a chance. Lampard did and their 18 year old was all over us fir heavens sake.

Yep. We've been through this time and again, amidst several changes of managers and coaching staff etc etc.
I still thing Carlo can be that manager who changes things, because he's been there and done it. Unfortunately it won't be a quick fix, despite a promising start to his time here. I got ahead of myself before this run of fixtures (starting with Arsenal). Until we start winning against these teams more frequently (especially in away games) there'll always be questions and gripes etc.
As a fan base, we are desperate to see that positive change in culture. My worry is, if Carlo can't do it, who can? We've tried every type of Manager since Moyes left.

If Carlo can't do it, it's definitely over to Brands, DBB & Bill and their appintments - are there too many ex-players who may not be of the right quality and standard? Are there too many executives and managers who don't work to 'international' standards and raise the level of preparation, planning and delivery - e.g. how and where to prepare for games etc? It could be anything like that. Is Carlo the type of manager who wants to put his imprint all over the club?

If Carlo can't do it, it's definitely over to Brands, DBB & Bill and their appintments - are there too many ex-players who may not be of the right quality and standard? Are there too many executives and managers who don't work to 'international' standards and raise the level of preparation, planning and delivery - e.g. how and where to prepare for games etc? It could be anything like that. Is Carlo the type of manager who wants to put his imprint all over the club?
Only time will tell regading Carlo. We've got to give him time. And provided we're not flirting with relegation next season, he'll surely get that time. Like I've alluded to....I'm hoping he's the manager to change things. He's such a professional and well respected I'm confident he does, and would, want to build and leave a legacy. Whether or not he will......we'll find out in the next couple of seasons.

Only time will tell regading Carlo. We've got to give him time. And provided we're not flirting with relegation next season, he'll surely get that time. Like I've alluded to....I'm hoping he's the manager to change things. He's such a professional and well respected I'm confident he does, and would, want to build and leave a legacy. Whether or not he will......we'll find out in the next couple of seasons.

I really really hope we give him time and start enjoying ourselves Even if we're crap sometimes if we're going in the right direction we have to just keep supporting him

Out played and outclassed.

Pickford was our best player and I'm not surprised with the performances around him.
The Back 4 was a shambles, digne has gone missing this season, holgate struggled for once, sidibe was sidibe (awful at defending) and Keane was outclassed by better players, there's only so much a gk can do with a leaky defence and there's only so much pressure a defence can soak up with a invisible midfield. Richarlison and DCL played off scraps. Carlo got his formation wrong and selection wrong with this one. Shambles yesterday and shambles for the first 45 against United. I hope we can offload these over payed lazy players and get in some class players for Carlo to work with.

I woke up during the night and went to check the score. It was 2-0 so I fast forwarded most of it when I watched it in the morning. I feared the worst
when posters were talking about all their injuries on here before the match. It never seems to make any difference to us, and actually I thought their
team looked pretty decent on paper. Someone was talking about shipping most of ours out, but we wouldn't get much for them, and that's if anyone wanted to buy them. Then we'd have to persuade better players to come and that would cost a lot of money. It's been a disappointing couple of weeks.

Which of Everton's players was playing Defensive midfield today? Clearly none. We were playing away at Chelsea with no DM on the pitch and 2 up front. Our two "wide" players were Siggurdsson and Bernard, both 10's by nature. the entire back four had a nightmare. I am not sure how much of that line up was forced by injury and how much was choice.
The bench looked incredibly light with 2 defenders and 3 wingers.
Chelsea's reaction to an injury crisis was amazing, ours was amazingly bad. We lack depth and don't trust our young squad players.

Which of Everton's players was playing Defensive midfield today? Clearly none. We were playing away at Chelsea with no DM on the pitch and 2 up front. Our two "wide" players were Siggurdsson and Bernard, both 10's by nature. the entire back four had a nightmare. I am not sure how much of that line up was forced by injury and how much was choice.
The bench looked incredibly light with 2 defenders and 3 wingers.
Chelsea's reaction to an injury crisis was amazing, ours was amazingly bad. We lack depth and don't trust our young squad players.

We have overall a poor squad and have to ask why can we not do this? your last note.

We have overall a poor squad and have to ask why can we not do this? your last note.
To be perfectly honest, I wouldn’t be in any rush to play most of our young squad players, only Antony Gordon is really in the running, and he got on for a few minutes, a strange time to put a young player on when we are getting battered 4-0.

I think in a rebuilding phase (which we are just at the start of) you are always going to have these odd poor results. Yesterday was one of those days. Hit Chelsea in a good run of form and we had an off day. May do us more good than harm in the long run. Carlo will find out a lot about certain players in adversity. Some it will be positive for others it won't be.

It's impossible to just 'shake off' a 4-0 drubbing but what remains of this season is about squad evaluation and Carlo and his staff getting an idea who they want for next season and where the gaps in the squad are. Yesterday will be part of that. As will the positive results we've had recently. Beyond a few teams at the top and bottom, this league is so tight in terms of points and quality. We have the basis of a decent squad. Plus we have one of the best managers in the league. I hope yesterday was just part of that process of Carlo evaluating the squad and seeing who he can trust for next season. That's really the only positive you can take from the day really.

I think in a rebuilding phase (which we are just at the start of) you are always going to have these odd poor results. Yesterday was one of those days. Hit Chelsea in a good run of form and we had an off day. May do us more good than harm in the long run. Carlo will find out a lot about certain players in adversity. Some it will be positive for others it won't be.

It's impossible to just 'shake off' a 4-0 drubbing but what remains of this season is about squad evaluation and Carlo and his staff getting an idea who they want for next season and where the gaps in the squad are. Yesterday will be part of that. As will the positive results we've had recently. Beyond a few teams at the top and bottom, this league is so tight in terms of points and quality. We have the basis of a decent squad. Plus we have one of the best managers in the league. I hope yesterday was just part of that process of Carlo evaluating the squad and seeing who he can trust for next season. That's really the only positive you can take from the day really.
We’ve been having ‘odd poor results’ for the last four years lad.

Status
Not open for further replies.