2019/20 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soz oracle, but he had a mare today tactically, the end result that occured was not inevitable with the options available to him
Every manager we have seems to have these days funny enough and It's always their fault. Not the dog dirt players on the pitch. It's sound mate, you keep blaming the manager. Maybe after the next one gets sacked or the one after, the penny will finally drop and you'll blame the wastes of space in the pitch.

Atletico not that long ago.

Wasn’t actually a sarcastic question either. Couldn’t think of anyone. Just shows it’s more of a personnel issue than system one.

I guess if people wanted to question Carlo slightly you could say that he was said to be more of a pragmatic manager who tailored his tactics/formations to the players he had. We really don’t have the midfield for 4-4-2 so when it goes bad like it has today it goes really bad. But I guess we’re just making do till the summer which will be beneficial to the players who will actually be here next year.

Last edited:
He'll have hated that especially at his old stomping ground.. but he isn't blameless today in my opinion. The midfield needed to be a lot beefier than that up against a team like Chelsea.

Big picture this performance will do more to help us next season than a better score line would have. One more big example of where are biggest weaknesses are and what we need to do in the summer

Sheffield Utd are like 6th with garbage like Lundstram and Billy Sharp in their team.

If you set up to play to both your strengths AND to help your worst players weaknesses you can nick results.

Sidibe cant defend? Sound have him as a wingback so when he's getting forward one of the midfield 3 tucks in to his position left

Our midfield is slow and weak - sound stick an extra body in there to try make up for it.

Simply put these players CAN NOT play 442 unless its against crap like Newcastle and Brighton.

Ive banged the drum since Arsenal he needed to have changed it up otherwise Siggurdsson and Davies etc would be cut through like butter and we'll get done.

Agree with you for once the squad, especially depleted, can't play 4-4-2.

I've advocated for 3-4-1-2 myself with current fit personnel.

Completely wrong tactics, wrong approach, wrong mentality. Total disaster for everyone involve today, manager and players alike.

No way we will out pass Chelsea today and we choose to play from the back.

No way we can control the midfield and we choose to play slow build up instead of quick counter.

And no way we can play this tactic and expect we only need 3 addition and we’re on our way to champions league. Minimum 8!

Naive tactics and horrible players today.

Wasn’t actually a sarcastic question either. Couldn’t think of anyone. Just shows it’s more of a personnel issue than system one.

I guess if people wanted to question Carlo slightly you could say that he was said to be more of a pragmatic manager who tailored his tactics/formations to the players he had. We really don’t have the midfield for 4-4-2 so when it goes bad like it has today it goes really bad. But I guess you we’re just making do till the summer which will be beneficial to the players who will actually be here next year.

I love Carlo and if he gets the players in he wants then 4-4-2 will work.

4-4-2 when we have one actual winger in the whole squad, no legs in centre mid and one fit (and terrible) right-back means it's folly to play 4-4-2 IMO.

Agree with you for once the squad, especially depleted, can't play 4-4-2.

I've advocated for 3-4-1-2 myself with current fit personnel.
Sidibe dreadful, the whole of the midfield had no pace. Gomes recovery amazing , but his lack of pace is too apparent. No tracking of players and not too much effort. Poor, a whole new midfield needed. Just simple movement created so much space for Chelsea.

After the 10-15 matches or whatever under Carlo I do believe he can take us on to the next level but that was so so bad and I cannot understand why he keeps picking Sigurdsson. The guy has offered nothing all season.

You could see Ancelloti and dunc in discussion at the end. Sidibe surely isn't the solution to the right back position. He plays like a wing back/winger and is constantly out of position. If we're play 442 surely the full backs need to be more defensively minded/disciplined!

OK. If its 352..the width needs to be from Sidibe and Digne.

Sigurdson. Gone. Surely just cannot keep starting games.

Only positive is seeing Gordon getting some minutes. Needs to start next game.

Status
Not open for further replies.