2019/20 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve never been this one for new faces to “get” Everton. I think what people take that to be is massively cringeworthy and slightly misplaced.

I do like however, how people like him,Gomes and Mina have been able to relate massively to the fans and local area really quite surprisingly. You see Gomes constantly posting himself in and around the city on social media, Mina getting involved with EitC seemingly of his own volition and Ancelotti already acting like your average fan sat in the lower Gwladys (he’s booked in for double sleeve tattoos next week).

This is a refreshing change from Martinez “getting” Everton by taking everything too far like putting pictures of ex players all over the shop, going overboard on average players and making pretty much every fan cringe after every press conference he did. Also way better than Koeman who went too far the other way.

I liked that Martinez put the effort in to get the club to be honest

Made me feel good as a fan

Shame the actual football management side let him down like

I liked that Martinez put the effort in to get the club to be honest

Made me feel good as a fan

Shame the actual football management side let him down like

Me too. I will always remember his speech at Anfield for the Hillsborough anniversary. I am sure some was suggested by Bill, but he delivered it in a manner that me proud he represented our club that day.

But as ever in football, on the pitch is what matters.

Me too. I will always remember his speech at Anfield for the Hillsborough anniversary. I am sure some was suggested by Bill, but he delivered it in a manner that me proud he represented our club that day.

But as ever in football, on the pitch is what matters.

I thought similar to this at the weekend. It's not the be all and end all but an affinity to the fans gives you time. It gives you the benefit of the doubt. To me our last 3 managers have just not got the clubs culture at all, all in different ways. I don't think Koeman was really bothered and it was another job, Allardyce was so insecure and had such a chip on his shoulder he just wanted to utilise the inevitable sacking as an excuse to further his agenda and Silva I think was completely overawed by the size of the club.

On Sunday Ancelotti did the right thing on a number of levels. He showed he understood what it meant to the fans, it's a smart move as it has shifted the discussion more broadly to whether Everton are being mistreated and it has taken the focus off a game that Everton needed to win and probably slipped up in. Essentially he showed leadership in a key moment which we can all get behind. Above all else it was an easy win, and it was really bizarre to me that Silva didn't choose to do that.

I remember after the Tottenham game, I just sort of knew Silva wasn't for me. He went on camera and praised VAR, when we had a player who'd had his leg snapped and Dele Alli had volleyed the ball away. I just remember thinking he wasn't anywhere near streetwise enough to be able to be a successful manager. A smarter manager would have raised absolute hell after that and created a real siege mentality to deflect criticism. If for self preservation if nothing else.

Ancelotti feels a lot more experienced. He speaks very well. I like that he said it isn't the first time, and won't be the last time he's been sent off. He's set the tone with that as well. Every fan has seen Ancelotti is willing to risk being sent off and fined for trying to stand up for the team. So what excuse for the players? What excuse for the supporters?

I thought similar to this at the weekend. It's not the be all and end all but an affinity to the fans gives you time. It gives you the benefit of the doubt. To me our last 3 managers have just not got the clubs culture at all, all in different ways. I don't think Koeman was really bothered and it was another job, Allardyce was so insecure and had such a chip on his shoulder he just wanted to utilise the inevitable sacking as an excuse to further his agenda and Silva I think was completely overawed by the size of the club.

On Sunday Ancelotti did the right thing on a number of levels. He showed he understood what it meant to the fans, it's a smart move as it has shifted the discussion more broadly to whether Everton are being mistreated and it has taken the focus off a game that Everton needed to win and probably slipped up in. Essentially he showed leadership in a key moment which we can all get behind. Above all else it was an easy win, and it was really bizarre to me that Silva didn't choose to do that.

I remember after the Tottenham game, I just sort of knew Silva wasn't for me. He went on camera and praised VAR, when we had a player who'd had his leg snapped and Dele Alli had volleyed the ball away. I just remember thinking he wasn't anywhere near streetwise enough to be able to be a successful manager. A smarter manager would have raised absolute hell after that and created a real siege mentality to deflect criticism. If for self preservation if nothing else.

Ancelotti feels a lot more experienced. He speaks very well. I like that he said it isn't the first time, and won't be the last time he's been sent off. He's set the tone with that as well. Every fan has seen Ancelotti is willing to risk being sent off and fined for trying to stand up for the team. So what excuse for the players? What excuse for the supporters?
Well said.

This club of ours loves a fighter who will give his all for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.