Speedo Mick

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it is his full time job I've got no problems. All charities take a % out of any charity payment that you pay them for staff and overheads. Think mostwillbe surprised just how much charities take out to pay staff wages and other stuff.
I worked for the charity World Vision for a number of years. The rule of thumb was 82% of donations went to where they were needed and the remaining 18% paid for all overheads - office rent, bills and of course wages. We were audited by PWC each year as well.

People sometimes forget that those working for charities have mortgages to pay and their own children to feed. In my experience, nobody works in the third sector for a decent salary, they do it because they're passionate about the charity they work for. I would've got approx 20% more for the same role in the private sector.

Charity’s and charity fundraisers should be completely transparent about the allocation of the funds raised.

Most people believe that 100% of their donations go to the frontline of the relevant causes. This isn’t true and needs to be made crystal clear before people make an informed decision whether or not to part with their hard earned cash.

I know some people would rather donate directly to those in need.

Charity’s and charity fundraisers should be completely transparent about the allocation of the funds raised.

Most people believe that 100% of their donations go to the frontline of the relevant causes. This isn’t true and needs to be made crystal clear before people make an informed decision whether or not to part with their hard earned cash.

I know some people would rather donate directly to those in need.

90% of donations to GOT go to my Peroni fund.

10% to the site.

What he has done is absolutely remarkable.
Press have ran an article on him saying he gets to keep 25% of what he's raised around £60k, is that right?

I think his plan is to run "Leave The Light On" as a Community Interest Company ( CIC ) and then use that vehicle to fund things through other local charities or CICs, so I dare say he'll either draw a wage from it, or claim his expenses, which is absolutely fair enough, the man needs to eat like the rest of us. I doubt very much he'll be taking a % though.

He's a huge inspiration to many, and I hope he's getting good advice ( maybe from the club ) on how to run his CIC ( once it's fully setup, if it isn't already ), because it can be an absolute minefield to maneouvre.

Hang on.

No one's mentioned the Arteta money yet ?

Standards are slipping..

( Is right Bill BTW.. Superb that )

Status
Not open for further replies.