Old Everton Pictures

Alan Wilson?
Mate you are literally unbelievable!! I think you are correct.
And just for the record I had never even heard of him!!!
And just so aficionados of this thread know this Alan Wilson played only one game for us in 71-72 v Coventry where the photo is from and one the last game of the next season away to Derby. Bernie Wright did not play in either of those games nor in our home game vs Coventry in 72-73 so I am certain you are right!!! Exceptional knowledge and recognition of Everton players in that era
PS Ian ´kin St John scored their winner , 1-2 defeat! What an era for the Blues! So much pain so soon after so much joy.

And just so aficionados of this thread know this Alan Wilson played only one game for us in 71-72 v Coventry where the photo is from and one the last game of the next season away to Derby. Bernie Wright did not play in either of those games nor in our home game vs Coventry in 72-73 so I am certain you are right!!! Exceptional knowledge and recognition of Everton players in that era
PS Ian ´kin St John scored their winner , 1-2 defeat! What an era for the Blues! So much pain so soon after so much joy.
Pretty sure it was one of the first league games I attended mate,i've got a very vague recollection(I was only six!!)a fella ran on the pitch and started jumping around like a monkey in front of the saint!!!he wasn't happy to say the least!!hilarious to a six year old though!!

B/R M Lyons,B Latchford, D Smallman,J Pearson,K McNaught,M Bernard
M/R B Rioch,R Goodlass,A King,M Dobson,D Davies,D Lawson, A Brand,T Darracott,G Telfer,
F/R M Pejic,M Buckley,S Sargent,D Jones,R Kenyon,M Higgins,N Robinson

??
I think you’re right on the lot,except you missed Supermac off the middle row. D.McKenzie next to George Telfer

What a thread this is sensible debate no backbiting, all good blues on here , and our history is important......

....don’t be surprised, @Dario Terracotta can tell you what he had for his tea 17 years ago.

I remember lads running on before the derby to give him peanuts!!
I remember the chant totally racist now, but in those days just frivolous.like Westy Beng called Mae West etc to es change sometimes for the better ......
Iremember the a use John Barnes got in the derbies as a young kid It was wrong in my eyes then that was totally different disgraceful even in that era ....

So its time to welcome our old foes from the other end of the East Lancs Road this weekend.
Heres a few memories of our tussles with the Red Devil rascals
97494625-CF09-49AB-9CE1-09B90D59F25A.jpeg