Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely brilliant post except for the fact that we play 442 and not 3421 or 532 so does not work

Bri we already played 3-4-2-1 in possession under Carlo quite a bit. The 4-4-2 RB is a RCB and the RM plays as a RWB. Think of the lineups with both Coleman and Sibide on the right side. Walcott also plays that RM/RWB role sometimes.

Problem is we didn't against Arsenal, and Iwobi is too limited to do anything except play as a #10 apparently. Which meant that our right wing was exposed. Sidibe played his normal bombing RWB role and we had no cover behind him like we have had with Coleman playing over there.

I actually forgot Iwobi from my chart, so you can see how little I think of him. Would have no problem selling on if we could. He sucks.

Bri we already played 3-4-2-1 in possession under Carlo quite a bit. The 4-4-2 RB is a RCB and the RM plays as a RWB. Think of the lineups with both Coleman and Sibide on the right side. Walcott also plays that RM/RWB role sometimes.

Problem is we didn't against Arsenal, and Iwobi is too limited to do anything except play as a #10 apparently. Which meant that our right wing was exposed. Sidibe played his normal bombing RWB role and we had no cover behind him like we have had with Coleman playing over there.

I actually forgot Iwobi from my chart, so you can see how little I think of him. Would have no problem selling on if we could. He sucks.
Even when Sidibe and Coleman have played it's been 4-4-2 aside from the first half of the Burnley game.

Even when Sidibe and Coleman have played it's been 4-4-2 aside from the first half of the Burnley game.

In name only. Sidibe plays as a RWB and Coleman stays back as a RCB (or if you prefer as an "old school' RB). You could do the same thing with my suggested formation. Both feature a right sided attacker who plays in front of Sidibe, who is normally been Richy as a second striker.

I think we would be better served to push Digne up the field to LWB/LM (considering how many chances he creates) and play a LCB behind him. Move Bernard's position up the field and inside. I guess Iwobi might be okay in that role (at least that's what his fan bois claim) if we keep him and don't sign David or another attacker.

In name only. Sidibe plays as a RWB and Coleman stays back as a RCB (or if you prefer as an "old school' RB). You could do the same thing with my suggested formation. Both feature a right sided attacker who plays in front of Sidibe, who is normally been Richy as a second striker.

I think we would be better served to push Digne up the field to LWB/LM (considering how many chances he creates) and play a LCB behind him. Move Bernard's position up the field and inside. I guess Iwobi might be okay in that role (at least that's what his fan bois claim) if we keep him and don't sign David or another attacker.
Again aside from the first half against Burnley in which what you described did happen, Sidibe has been pushed up as a true RM and Seamus has been a true RB when they play together. Richarlison has almost exclusively been a striker with a lot of license to drift.

We just aren't playing 3-5-2 right now and beyond that the one constant about Ancelotti's formation down the years is a 4 man back line. That'll be the way forward.

Richarlison in his season at Watford was played deeper on the left after Silva left and his some crazy numbers for defensive work.

Willian ive actually highly rated in the past and thought he was way better than hazard in spells) but this season he seems to have regressed....

I was under the impression that the table detailing the most tackles by forwards related to this season, and not the player's history within the Premier League?

Buying a 32 year old or signing one on a free is great in theory until their legs go and youre left with an unsellable player.

The same applies to younger players that are given a high wage but don't live up to expectations, like Sigurdsson, Schneiderlin and Pickford (nobody is gona match Pickford's 90k a week, nobody). The same applies to any player that gets crocked as well, like Bolasie. I'd much rather pay for a good two years from Willian, rather than waste five years messing about with an Iwobi.

I was under the impression that the table detailing the most tackles by forwards related to this season, and not the player's history within the Premier League?

The same applies to younger players that are given a high wage but don't live up to expectations, like Sigurdsson, Schneiderlin and Pickford (nobody is gona match Pickford's 90k a week, nobody). The same applies to any player that gets crocked as well, like Bolasie. I'd much rather pay for a good two years from Willian, rather than waste five years messing about with an Iwobi.

Richarlison: Yeah im just saying that hes really a worker isnt he? Always put in the effort...

Willian: I dont really see the correlation. With a younger player theyre at the level you signed them at...and 'may' improve...with a player who is regressing already there is a high chance he's going to be a signing for 6 months all the while going downhill then unable to sell on big final payday wages.

I dont cant understand the Sigurdsson, Schneiderlin and Pickford examples?

Richarlison: Yeah im just saying that hes really a worker isnt he? Always put in the effort...

Willian: I dont really see the correlation. With a younger player theyre at the level you signed them at...and 'may' improve...with a player who is regressing already there is a high chance he's going to be a signing for 6 months all the while going downhill then unable to sell on big final payday wages.

I dont cant understand the Sigurdsson, Schneiderlin and Pickford examples?
I think you can count on one hand the number of times signing an older player and trying to take advantage of his last few good years has worked for us. Barry, Martyn, any others? I'm struggling to come up with any.

I think you can count on one hand the number of times signing an older player and trying to take advantage of his last few good years has worked for us. Barry, Martyn, any others? I'm struggling to come up with any.
I think it is down to how they are used and their role in the squad. A wise head in the dressing room and training ground can be of value - adds leadership. But you don't want to have to rely on them three times a week in a match situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.