2019/20 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.

I ain't going to defend any Everton player who is either crap or not putting in the effort, but I can't see the 4 or 5 "great chances" DCL is supposed to have not taken.
64 minutes-weak curler from right side past few defenders=half chance.
72 minutes-Richalison headed down hard, hit DCL ankle, ball popped up, got away snap shot, keeper right on top of him=half chance.
80 min-Richarlison firm low cross, DCL got across defender from miles back, failed to make significant contact at speed=half chance.
90+2 min- The only one he really should have buried in my opinion, free header.
If every centre forward scores every time the comentator/pundit exclaims"he has to score there" they'd all be on 30+ a season.

I don't disagree, but Kean doesn't get to start and I wonder if he flipped them we would see an improvement. I share the frustration with DCL, but he has come on a lot this season, it may be that he's hit a glass ceiling but it may also be that there's more to come. He does highlight the fickleness of football, a couple of months ago he was being touted as a MUFC target!

It would be nice for him to get a proper run at some point but at this point he doesn't deserve more than what he is getting now and it would be utter madness to break up DCL and Richarlison as they are scoring a decent amount.

I ain't going to defend any Everton player who is either crap or not putting in the effort, but I can't see the 4 or 5 "great chances" DCL is supposed to have not taken.
64 minutes-weak curler from right side past few defenders=half chance.
72 minutes-Richalison headed down hard, hit DCL ankle, ball popped up, got away snap shot, keeper right on top of him=half chance.
80 min-Richarlison firm low cross, DCL got across defender from miles back, failed to make significant contact at speed=half chance.

90+2 min- The only one he really should have buried in my opinion, free header.
If every centre forward scores every time the comentator/pundit exclaims"he has to score there" they'd all be on 30+ a season.
Very generous on those two.

The sitter 4 yards out: it fell at his feet and he froze. Richarlison would have sorted his feet out and buried that 10 times out of 10.

The low cross from Richarlison: he actually does well in terms of movement (for once) in accelerating into space for the cross, but he fails to get his body open at the right angle to get more contact on the right foot shot. It was poor judgement that a top striker doesn't make.

Very generous on those two.

The sitter 4 yards out: it fell at his feet and he froze. Richarlison would have sorted his feet out and buried that 10 times out of 10.

The low cross from Richarlison: he actually does well in terms of movement (for once) in accelerating into space for the cross, but he fails to get his body open at the right angle to get more contact on the right foot shot. It was poor judgement that a top striker doesn't make.
Its only fair to compare him to a top striker, because yesterday the match was entirely down to a 30 year old top striker vs a 22 year old. Dom is improving pretty rapidly but he would have had to match Auba, which very few can do, for us to win.

why do you laugh after missing a sitter against Palace?
FCEDFD71-0979-48BE-93F2-6056310FF032.jpeg

Its only fair to compare him to a top striker, because yesterday the match was entirely down to a 30 year old top striker vs a 22 year old. Dom is improving pretty rapidly but he would have had to match Auba, which very few can do, for us to win.
Not a predator, IMO.

Picks up a goal and is happy with his day's work. A predator just keeps on looking to pile up the goals.

He should have scored at least one more in each of our last two games. He needs to score more.

But hes a big goal threat at the minute so the criticism is over the top.

he * could * have scored...
Not a predator, IMO.

Picks up a goal and is happy with his day's work. A predator just keeps on looking to pile up the goals.
So unless he aguero he’s not worth having.
If he was aguero he would left for another club already.

Status
Not open for further replies.