2019/20 Andre Gomes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope under Ancelotti he finds consistency...

A consistent Gomes is a top player. Did more in the game than any other midfielder in the past 4 months...bar Holgate in his DM cameo :)

That's a the key for me. Can range from world class to average. More of them performances needed, the fella is a beast.

When he smashed Guendouzi on the counter and smiled....

tenor.gif

The problem is he can't do it all by himself, and even if you took the best traits from all of the others and added them together to make one player that player would still be Championship quality at best. So even with him back, our midfield is still going to be dire, unfortunately. If we had another centre half I'd probably play Holgate alongside him until end of the season, but obviously that also not an option as it would mean the terrible Michael Keane playing. Either way, then, we're screwed until Carlo can ship out the trash.

This lad comes back from a terrible injury, Hasn't played since November or whenever, Does more in 10 minutes than Gylfi/Morgs/Delph did.
The problem is obvious in this team.

Was thinking that it must have actually been somewhat embarrassing for our other midfielders to see him do more in his cameo, coming back from that injury, than they did in the rest of the game combined.

Give it a few good games and the freaks will be moaning about no goals or assists.
Well he needs to improve that side of his game dramatically for a player of his quality. That said, there can be little expectation of him doing it this season as it's just about getting him up to speed. If his goal and assist return is poor next season then questions will need to be asked. Give him the right partner in midfield and he'll be a glorious player for us.

The problem is he can't do it all by himself, and even if you took the best traits from all of the others and added them together to make one player that player would still be Championship quality at best. So even with him back, our midfield is still going to be dire, unfortunately. If we had another centre half I'd probably play Holgate alongside him until end of the season, but obviously that also not an option as it would mean the terrible Michael Keane playing. Either way, then, we're screwed until Carlo can ship out the trash.
Yeah you make a good point that he can’t do it by himself. He does need a partner hopefully it’s Gbamin when he comes back so we can use the funds for other key areas. But I’m really looking forward to see how he plays now we play with 2 up top he now as more options ahead of him and he can slot them balls through. Me personally I would like to buy a left cb who is left footed and play Holgate on the right on his natural right side. Gives us better options playing into midfield to help the likes of Gomes. And all the transfer links are linking us with left sided cb.

Status
Not open for further replies.