2019/20 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if its just me but I sometimes notice him half hearted chasing back.
Almost like he's trying to show he's chasing back but with no real intent of getting back on the right side of their players who are running forward, chasing shadows almost. Its like he's hiding almost.
He's the kind that would frustrate the hard working players, he definitely doesn't leave it all on the pitch.

He grew up at Arsenal, with the culture and approach deeply rooted in the way he plays. That team is notorious for the lack of pressing/defending/tackling. That’s the main reason for a decade of failure.

it takes time for Iwobi to fully understand the importance of hard work without the ball. It’s not an ability issue, it’s a mindset issue.

Bernard is miles ahead in this aspect. Top 3 tackler in the team last season. Haven’t check the stats this season but I won’t be surprise to see him amongst the top.

Far from convinced he is anywhere near good enough, his awareness of what is going on around him on the pitch is awful. Makes the wrong decision consistently, not seeing his transfer fee or wages reflected at all yet.

Panic buy at the end of the transfer window. Christmas and birthday present all rolled into one for Arsenal. Said it at the time and saying it now. We are a dream for some clubs buying their average players for over the odds.

Panic buy at the end of the transfer window. Christmas and birthday present all rolled into one for Arsenal. Said it at the time and saying it now. We are a dream for some clubs buying their average players for over the odds.
It was caused by having to sell players before we could buy. That’s why the business ended up being a panic at the end of the window.

By the way, we’re in the same situation this summer....

and we’re down to the unshiftables.

I was sat with the Arsenal fans for the game and all the comments regarding Iwobi were positive. The fans were all aware that I was a blue and all seemed in agreement that Iwobi would come good for us, a few guys mentioned they would rather had sold Ozil and a few others before Iwobi.

When he was subbed he got a huge standing ovation.

He does worry me when I see him play, but these guys have watched him for years and all seem to think he will in time become a good player. Will it be with us or another club i don't know. But, at the moment I can see why Everton fans are a little worried with the signing.

Fair to say I wasn't enthused on his signing...

Felt the same as I did with Tosun on signing him;

Just hope we don't panic and throw money at Iwobi.

I'd rather have Walcott...

To really compete, I think we need wingers capable of double figures goals/assists.

I don't think that's Alex Iwobi.

... I hoped maybe Brands saw something in his game that would come alive here, but he looked exactly the same as the Iwobi that I used to think would frustrate me to death if I was an Arsenal fan.

He was never a priority, the fee we paid at the time we did suggested he was low down the list.

Hopefully with Ancelotti, and based on January - the club have realised that often no transfer is better than any transfer.

Status
Not open for further replies.