2019/20 Djibril Sidibe

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is class.

I just don't rate Sidibe, he looks so inable to control the football. You never feel he's in charge of it, like Digne and Baines always have. It's like a footballer with ADHD across his body. All that energy.

As I said, in a 352 his willingness to get forward works. In 442 he's so exposed.

Ultimately the question is will signing Sidibe push us on higher in the table? My answer is no unfortunately.

I wouldn't sign him personally. Its a shame as I do think he is a talented footballer but he kind of falls between two stools, not quite good enough defensively and not quite dynamic enough going forward. I get how he looks on the ball but I think some players are just like that, he generally keeps the ball and plays it well.

He was left completely exposed today, I blame the tactics for that. We all know what his strengths and weaknesses are. Arsenal played on that weakness because we let them do so. We may as well got a pink fluorescent welcome arrow sign out and pointed it down our right side.

I'm not 100% sold on any of our full backs on either side of the pitch to be honest.

That Saka will be some player in a few years time.

If we have a midfield that can function like a real midfield we won't need the skills Sidibe has so much and the defensive liabilities make it not worth bringing him back.

Fun fact: Everyone saw he was poor positionally, but what does it say for Coleman if hes starting?

If were not taking Sidibe and selling Kenny then Colemans surely off as well?

I reckon this is becoming a priority position for the summer...

I'd be totally fine with all three leaving the club this summer and us therefore having to bring two more in. I could accept Sidibe staying as a back-up as it's convenient and going back to the drawing board isn't as easy as it is on FM. I could also accept Coleman staying on in some form of almost non-playing 3rd choice role. But Kenny... no way. A first XI right back will be one of the top priorities in the summer, I'm certain.

I wouldn't sign him personally. Its a shame as I do think he is a talented footballer but he kind of falls between two stools, not quite good enough defensively and not quite dynamic enough going forward. I get how he looks on the ball but I think some players are just like that, he generally keeps the ball and plays it well.

He was left completely exposed today, I blame the tactics for that. We all know what his strengths and weaknesses are. Arsenal played on that weakness because we let them do so. We may as well got a pink fluorescent welcome arrow sign out and pointed it down our right side.

I'm not 100% sold on any of our full backs on either side of the pitch to be honest.

That Saka will be some player in a few years time.

Barring Digne, and I do understand the question marks on him. Obviously left back isn't quite a concern to be looking at anytime soon compared to others.

Today definetly made my mind up about if we should sign him up or thank him for his loan come summer. And it's definetly for the latter now.

He wasn't the only one to have a stinker though. Iwobi and Gylfi, either way, this goes for Baines too, they let their full backs down. But Sidibe just didn't cut it in either offense or defense.

We have Jonjoe Kenny coming back off a shaky, but character building experience in Germany and still have Coleman who showed a lot of fight last time out.

He has put in some real top notch performances for us when nobody else was even bothered but it's not enough to warrant a signing and jumping in front of everyone else who deserves a chance.

He doesn't even have skills though. I don't know what everyone else sees. I called this joker out back in November 2018 and somehow he's here.
He's decent on the ball. He passes forward well. That's been vital in a couple of the recent matches because our midfield gives us basically nothing on the ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.