2019/20 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tough one for Carlo this
Do you buy a top finisher and hope DCL can play with him or act as back up to him.
With FFP I think Carlo will have to strengthen elsewhere and hope DCL continues this improvement with even better finishing

The right side takes priority for us first I think. DCL is doing a decent job up top and I think we could go into next season with the same three strikers and get by, as long as the right side is sorted and we get our midfielder and centre half.

I could totally understand why someone would choose to prioritise the striker position though.

You think our midfield is ok??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Did I say that?

We wont see significant movement in CM because we have Gbamin and Gomes and Delph there. Maybe if we sell that bag of excrement Delph we'll see one in.

Another striker is essential. DCL feels he's undroppable, and he needs to be made aware that if he's so wasteful he gets dropped.

If he has ambition, he wants a massive next contract and competition for his place is unnecessary for him to work to improve.

If he doesn't, all the competition in the world won't push him to develop the way we need to. Sorting that finishing issue is going to be a major project. Competition for places elevates everyone involved's game a little bit by getting extra marginal effort out in training and setting a standard. It doesn't generally push players to dedicate themselves to transforming their weaknesses unless they are so far off of a place that it's the only hope.

If he has ambition, he wants a massive next contract and competition for his place is unnecessary for him to work to improve.

If he doesn't, all the competition in the world won't push him to develop the way we need to. Sorting that finishing issue is going to be a major project. Competition for places elevates everyone involved's game a little bit by getting extra marginal effort out in training and setting a standard. It doesn't generally push players to dedicate themselves to transforming their weaknesses unless they are so far off of a place that it's the only hope.
Competition is a massive motivator. Football thrives on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.