Match Thread Arsenal v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Worth noting our next few games are: United (H) Chelsea (A) Liverpool (H) Norwich (A) Leicester (H) and Spurs (A)

Now we know with Everton the only away game there we might win is Norwich. We can’t rely on us beating Leicester, United or Liverpool home either, which means from 6 games we may end up with about 4 points. After that I don’t think we will be anywhere near the European places.

Game there to be won or drawn today. Terrible right hand side. Won’t get a better chance again to put pressure on the European places

Siggy was awful, scheiderlin,delph and iwobi were ok at the best. sidibe good at times then poor at times. Why didn’t we keep hitting the long ball against there slow centre backs? Worked every time but we didn’t do it enough, every time richarlison ran at them they were terrified. Awful arsenal team and we should of won let alone draw! They’ve took 6 points from last 2 games playing rubbish and it’s so frustrating to watch us lose and gift them 3 points. I hate football again and my Sunday’s ruined.

Beat United next week and Europe is back on in my opinion. But am so beyond tired of these horrible big game records.

Good chance of Europe given most of the top half have European and FA Cup commitments and aren't consistent. United have got 12 men every game though.

Must be the best we've played for years away at Arsenal.

I think it's always a struggle to win games with such a compromised centre and right midfield. There's no strength in depth or even strength in shallow. In that sense losing by one goal isn't shameful. Gomes improved it, he'll need a new player alongside him. Thatl be next season either Gbamin or someone new.

Not expecting Europe myself, but the trend of the side is upwards still.

Worth noting our next few games are: United (H) Chelsea (A) Liverpool (H) Norwich (A) Leicester (H) and Spurs (A)

Now we know with Everton the only away game there we might win is Norwich. We can’t rely on us beating Leicester, United or Liverpool home either, which means from 6 games we may end up with about 4 points. After that I don’t think we will be anywhere near the European places.

We are winning at least one of those home games.

Richarlison and the center back pairing of Holgate and Mina were excellent today. DCL played really well too but needs to be far more clinical, big chances missed at the end. Other than Gomes when he came on, not arsed about anyone else at all

I'm understating it by saying that was frustrating.

With better finishing / a better finisher, we would've won that.

We are a work in progress and for much of the game showed better composure. I can't rage at certain aspects of the performance or result because I don't believe a lot of the player's we had playing today have the mentality / desire / ability / intelligence. That is for the club to rectify, starting in the summer.

I'm pleased with our manager, hope we can qualify for the Europa League and can see positives for next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.