2019/20 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's nice to have full confidence in a blues manager. Be interested to see who his transfer targets really are for next season. I think the champions league placings next year are a real possibility.

That's the spirit.

I've never had complete trust in a manager like this before. I feel vulnerable yet excited.
This whole having one of the best managers in the history of the world thing is reasonably a bit difficult for us to wrap our heads round.

I find it hard to properly appreciate that we have a manager of his pedigree, while simultaneously keeping all of my excitement at the potential in a little box in my head... for now.

This whole having one of the best managers in the history of the world thing is reasonably a bit difficult for us to wrap our heads round.

I find it hard to properly appreciate that we have a manager of his pedigree, while simultaneously keeping all of my excitement at the potential in a little box in my head... for now.

I started going the game properly in the early 90s. I thought after we won the cup in 95 we would push on but hopes faded.

Similar when we got 4th under Moyes but money felt like too big a gap to bridge.

Similar with Bobby's 72 which also felt like we could build something but it was another false dawn.

I don't care what the naysayers believe.

I think we have the manager and the resources to start to get back amongst it.

Don Carlo manager, Brazil's number 9 up front, stadium on the docks...

We used to sit watching transfer windows go buy not even able to afford a loan fee. Having our best players sold every summer to clubs like Newcastle.

I feel like Uzzy and Mosh have been angry about losing the Arsenal battle and are out to make a statement while pocketing millions of pounds through property deals.
It's being meticulously planned, the pieces are falling into place.

I admit i may be about to pass out but the mighty Blues are coming back (before being inevitably curtailed by WWIII).

Oh dear Carlo, if you could only read the things being said on here about you and your arrival. The weight of responsibility you have for some folks' lives, sanity, continued existence etc. All their hopes rest with you my dear man. Do not let them down or your downfall will be bigger than any previous Everton manager. Thousands, tens of thousands even, await the call to follow you into lands previously unknown to the modern generation, and just a dim memory to those of us from another era. It is all down to you.

Oh dear Carlo, if you could only read the things being said on here about you and your arrival. The weight of responsibility you have for some folks' lives, sanity, continued existence etc. All their hopes rest with you my dear man. Do not let them down or your downfall will be bigger than any previous Everton manager. Thousands, tens of thousands even, await the call to follow you into lands previously unknown to the modern generation, and just a dim memory to those of us from another era. It is all down to you.

It always is no matter who the manager but in Carlo best yet for many a decade.

Having a tactically astute manager is a bit of a novelty.

You know ive been thinking about that over the last week in the context of our up coming "tough run".

When you look it at:

Everton Vs: Arsneal, Chelsea, Utd and Mordor looks tough.

But if you looked at it this way:

Ancelotti Vs Arteta, Lampard, Ole and Mr. Kool.

Im actually fairly confident.

You know ive been thinking about that over the last week in the context of our up coming "tough run".

When you look it at:

Everton Vs: Arsneal, Chelsea, Utd and Mordor looks tough.

But if you looked at it this way:

Ancelotti Vs Arteta, Lampard, Ole and Mr. Kool.

Im actually fairly confident.

What I will say is that Ancelotti will not be phased by these teams or these games. I think that calmness can help the players too. Contrary to wider thought, being calm and clinical is crucial in such situations.

I also think he will rotate the squad and probably have quite bespoke game plans for these games. Don't rule out Sidibe playing right wing for 3-4 games if Walcott is out.

Status
Not open for further replies.