New Everton Stadium Discussion

We'll see, I suppose.

Rich people on our side of things could be the difference in outcome.

But the amount of reports being done and placed online mean next to nothing in that respect. It just means they're trying to plan ahead if and when it's green for go.

EVENING TOFFEE

BIG MARCEL ON PRIME TIME AND WORLD CLASS STADIA ON THE GO

You lost Dave, bend the knee.

Something that has just convinced me this is going ahead. In the documents one of the 6 design briefs were included as commonwealth games.
The council are happy for that site to be a stadium initially, so they won’t be bothered now.
Just hope everything else is up to scratch but I believe it’s very much ON.
Exciting.

Any mention of new ferry terminal. ?
Not that I saw. If there's no new station there won't be a ferry terminal I'd have thought.
I asked about this at the road show thing, they did briefly consider it apparently but found it non viable, cost would be huge and ferries are often cancelled due to weather conditions so not worth the investment, so they said.

So the new stadium will be 46.86 metres high to roof level
View attachment 79582

Marwood towers in L5
View attachment 79584

Our new ground is going to be mahoosive

Really? The stadium looks modest to its surroundings, mad its the same height as that as on the visuals it's barely visible elsewhere west side of the city.

Assuming that's because the city inclines after the docks. Hence why their tinshed looks so prominentl from the Wirral side. Was hoping we will outshine it.

Liverpool City Council had nothing to do with the Kirkby project - it's in Knowsley. And at that time, there wasn't a regional authority.
Also, there were no detailed plans - certainly not in the public domain as they are now.
And finally, it was a Tesco planning application which was submitted and rejected because of it's impact on neighbouring retail businesses.
You have an agenda and an opinion, which everyone has, but please don't invent facts. Leave that to Trump and Johnson.
I was referring to KD.

Really? The stadium looks modest to its surroundings, mad its the same height as that as on the visuals it's barely visible elsewhere west side of the city.

Assuming that's because the city inclines after the docks. Hence why their tinshed looks so prominentl from the Wirral side. Was hoping we will outshine it.

Any idea how our present stands at Goodison compare to it in height mate, if you know on Wednesday like.

This isn't confirmed but the floor layouts on the documents show it is.

Only the away fans and family area seem separated.

It's what Spurs have done which I'm sure one their posters will confirm how it's been?
@RobSpurs and @Yid4life how are you finding this aspect of NWHL: being able to walk around the internal circumference of he ground?

I have read that some of the concourses can be quite 'cramped' on a matchday, so I hope that we have factored this into our own design.

35cm isn't a particularly large space if you are required to have a seat for European fixtures, therefore you'd expect that may not be as likely as it suggests.

I know we as a club have looked at rail seating as part of the ground, with some increase in attendances, but perhaps they'd need remedial work before it's possible.