New Everton Stadium Discussion

L

I don't think many here actually think it's a "facade" or that the club are not serious about it. But I, like many Everton fans, have been down this road many times. So I don't begrudge anyone who is cautious. We've made another important step, but there are many more to go, so I won't pop the champagne just yet.

No I don't think many fan's do think it's a facade and to be fair I didn't make that out, I said it specifically about Dave.
I agree about the caution bit of your post, we have been down this road too many times, probably why Dave overstates his case to such an extent.
And I agree none of us should be popping Champagne corks just yet, but I feel we are a Damn sight nearer to a new stadium, that we have been with the other two facades. Plus we have a billionaire owner with very rich friend's, something we have never had before, so yes I am very optimistic, no matter what previous failures.

I'm not distressed at the thought of Everton finally sorting out a new stadium. I'd be delighted if it happened.

It's just that there's nothing whatsoever happened this week to move it an inch nearer. I've seen the multiple report and assessments for both KD and DK; whole forests were felled producing the documentation for those. It means nothing - other than that cash was paid to land developers and stadium consultants and transportation experts for their services in producing documents.

Only PP being given and £500M-£600M funds being secured changes this game.
Tell me, how much did we spend on the planning etc for KD and DK?

Was it 10 million?

Destination Kirkby....it went on for 3.5 years; there was lots of detail. It went out for public consultation with every aspect of it covered. It had a government enquiry.

Are you really disbelieving that the scheme was widley assessed and documented? Stadium plan, transportation, finances, economic effects?

That was more planning permission for a great big Tesco's with a 50k stadium tacked on the end.

And to be fair it was the supermarket that got it called in and ultimately rejected. That isn't going to happen here.

Destination Kirkby....it went on for 3.5 years; there was lots of detail. It went out for public consultation with every aspect of it covered. It had a government enquiry.

Are you really disbelieving that the scheme was widley assessed and documented? Stadium plan, transportation, finances, economic effects?

It was never happening and you know it, it was very unpopular with a large part of our fanbase, because it meant leaving the City. It was a lie from the very beginning, remember Tesco funding it ?, practically free ? Yeah a pipe dream Dave, plus the little fact that Tesco used us and the government were always calling it in. So if your basing your arguments over the Kirkby Dome, then you've already lost mate.

Tell me, how much did we spend on the planning etc for KD and DK?

Was it 10 million?
I just looked on the club accounts where it's under 'exceptional costs': the club on DK alone ran up just under £5M in losses over that stadium scheme.

It's over a decade ago, so you have to adjust for inflation.

That was more planning permission for a great big Tesco's with a 50k stadium tacked on the end.

And to be fair it was the supermarket that got it called in and ultimately rejected. That isn't going to happen here.
Did the supermarket have grandstands on it and a transportation plan to shift 55,000 people in and out every other weekend?

It was never happening and you know it, it was very unpopular with a large part of our fanbase, because it meant leaving the City. It was a lie from the very beginning, remember Tesco funding it ?, practically free ? Yeah a pipe dream Dave, plus the little fact that Tesco used us and the government were always calling it in. So if your basing your arguments over the Kirkby Dome, then you've already lost mate.
It would have happened a few months later when the Tories got in.

Ok @davek, you've pissed on everyone's chips on the stadium thread. Time to head over to the Brands thread now. Looking a little bit too positive for your liking i bet.
There's nothing to be pissed off about.

We're in limbo and waiting the verdict on the PP and the search for funds.

My point is that detailed plans are nothing. They've produced nothing in two decades worth of stadium projects.

I bet you have to be absolutely pssed wet through before you'll believe its raining. :rolleyes:

Wow. look at all of the football teams and sports teams around the world that have tried to build stadiums and the trouble they have had along the way. Look at Valencia, they have a half built stadium that started work in 2007 and is still not finished. You must believe everytime the sun rises that its summer again.