2019/20 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.

Despite difficult trips to Spurs & Wolves to come later in the season (plus a tough game at home to Leicester) I think it's fair to say that the next 4 fixtures will shape whether or not we can actually challenge for Europe.

I think we'll need to win at least one of Arsenal (a) Man Utd (h), Chelsea (a), Liverpool (h) and avoid defeat in the others. 6 points from those would be a great return in the grand scheme of things and would certainly highlight progression - but ideally we'd need more like 8 points to have a real chance of top 6.

It feels like we need that 'landmark' win somewhere. To finally turn that corner. Big test, hopefully we hit form at the right time. Europa League Football would be incredible after the 1st half of the season.

I think we could get 3 points from them games and In a perfect world I’d like to beat Man U and Chelsea as they would be 6 pointers and as muchas I hate to say it is take another defeat against them lot.I don’t really fear arsenal as they’re so inconsistent I can’t see them getting top 5 anyway

I just love Ancelotti. The way he speaks about the players show his relations with his players. That was NEVER under Koeman. Ancelotti = Martinez + experience - Koeman + titles.

Have to say that, personally, I think it's nice to actually have a manager that I can listen to during his press conferences. In the past, I got to the point where I just couldn't be bothered listening to what our manager had to say before or after the game. Carlos Ancelotti has a lot of footballing knowledge, but also a great personality; I could listen to him all day.

Ancelotti was taken aback when told of Everton's wretched run. "So not one victory! Wow! I'm going to cry! It's time to win then!" he said.

"You have to give to the players the idea and the confidence that we can do it - that we can win. Of course, we have prepared for the game to try and win. It will be difficult, that's normal, because Arsenal are much better at this moment. But we have worked with the idea of winning."

Status
Not open for further replies.