Homepage Article Lukaku: “I owe Everton so much”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't get me wrong, he was poor against United in the final and his poor performance probably cost us from preceding to the final. However...

The whole 'most his goals were against poorer teams' is one I find bemusing. How many players score more goals against the top teams rather than lesser teams?

From recollection, there isn't a team in the historic top six that didn't score against while playing for us. Could he have scored more? Yes, but that's something else.

He is our best goal scorer in a generation, with a record of 0.46 goals per game, and easily kept us going. A better record than that wouldn't be possible for £28m!
Fair enough PhilM, you like him and miss him, for me he had good games and bad games when he didn’t look interested, plus Martinez had the team playing with him solely as the focus of scoring, even let him take those scuffed penalties. He had the potential to be another Drogba but rarely showed the ninety minutes energy of that great player, I don’t think he has progressed since leaving Everton.

BernieH, he had one around him at United but Lukaku himself didn’t progress there.

I said we may have. The Rom that was here for his first two seasons loved it here, if we had built around him Barkley and Stones we might have gone on but Moshiri arrived too late and the toxicity had started.

Rom was a selfish goal scorer, which can work, but we had no back up if he was out or off form.
‘Shushing’ the defence who called him out was the clarity he was focusing purely on himself and not the team - so Id have Richy over him any time

I said we may have. The Rom that was here for his first two seasons loved it here, if we had built around him Barkley and Stones we might have gone on but Moshiri arrived too late and the toxicity had started.
He didn’t have to go, he made it plain he wanted to go to a better team, same as Stones and Barkley wanted to go, they have got the extra money they wanted, doubt if their careers have progressed and we have remained stagnant while wasting the money we received for them. Hopefully with Ancelotti and Brands aboard things will start getting better.

Status
Not open for further replies.