Johnny Heitinga - "Leaving hurt"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Always love him for his blammer in the snow , 95th minute at the Reebok.

Me and 2000 Evertonians celebrating like crazy when that in is something I’ll never forget. Mainly because I was in the home stand. Blues everywhere.

A lot of people are talking utter rubbish, I thought he was actually a player that showed some fight and actually liked the club, mocks the RS on twitter as well. He wasn't a club legend, but did mostly try his best and showed respect for the club.and fans, he wasn't perfect but neither are any of our current players. It's like Tim Howard he was an alright goalkeeper, he just made a few mistakes as he got older, there was no need for the over the top abuse some fans gave him, considering Pickford's errors you realize he wasn't that bad. I don't think Beckford was any worse than let's say DCL now, yet everyone says Beckford was rubbish, was Besic any worse than Snides and Tom Davies are now. I've got much more respect for him, than players like Lukaku, Mirallas, Felaini and Snides who have completely disrespected the club.

Decent player, not as good as he thought he was though and was constantly talking about moving to play for a Champions League club. Clearly he didn't realise what he had here until it was gone.

Wish him the best but we've had far better players since.

Ok maybe not every challenge.

I feel he was overrated though.
I dont know mate I can understand you didnt fancy him obviously, but I thought he done a decent job for us.He wasn't a world class centre back but we weren't good enough to attract that type of player, I thought he fitted us for the time he was here.

I was at the Bolton game and remember jumping up and half the supposedly home seats were celebrating. Then a load of Wanderers fans trying to set upon some 14 year old blues. Snowball fights at the station as well. Good day.

I feel like I've been conditioned a bit, having followed English football all my life and I don't think this is necessarily fair... but I'm afraid I still haven't moved on from that "tackle" against Blackpool.

Always love him for his blammer in the snow , 95th minute at the Reebok.

Me and 2000 Evertonians celebrating like crazy when that in is something I’ll never forget. Mainly because I was in the home stand. Blues everywhere.
I was at the Bolton game and remember jumping up and half the supposedly home seats were celebrating. Then a load of Wanderers fans trying to set upon some 14 year old blues. Snowball fights at the station as well. Good day.
Main thing I remember about that game is every fan going WTF is Moyes doing taking off Jelavic and putting on Heitinga only to blast in that goal

Status
Not open for further replies.