2019/20 Andre Gomes

Status
Not open for further replies.

I would not say that

Why's that?

Sold Eriksen. No Kane for 50% of the season. No Son for 30% of it. Their three best players by a country mile, gone. If you have no conviction to believe we'd beat them and finish above them in that state, then we don't deserve to be in the conversation for top 5 anyway.

It's just interesting to see how this changes predictions. I still think we're competing with Arsenal, Sheff Utd and Wolves for what will possibly be 2 European spots (7th and 8th). I'd take either of those, if offered, right now. I don't believe we're in contention for the top five.

Why's that?

Sold Eriksen. No Kane for 50% of the season. No Son for 30% of it. Their three best players by a country mile, gone. If you have no conviction to believe we'd beat them and finish above them in that state, then we don't deserve to be in the conversation for top 5 anyway.

It's just interesting to see how this changes predictions. I still think we're competing with Arsenal, Sheff Utd and Wolves for what will possibly be 2 European spots (7th and 8th). I'd take either of those, if offered, right now. I don't believe we're in contention for the top five.
Draw at Arsenal and then beat United and Chelsea in the coming weeks and we’ve got every chance at 5th. 6 pointers in a way. Big ask but not impossible.

Think he will be on the bench tbh
There’s no way he plays, his leg was in 2 bits 3 months ago and 1 behind doors game ain’t getting him in the 11

be on the bench and will get 10 mins
Out of interest did you two watch Ancelotti's short interview clip about Gomes?

"In my opinion with a player who has been out a long time, it is better for them to start the match, because you can prepare properly"

Status
Not open for further replies.