Man City Banned From Europe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surely the fact that Rick Parry, ex LFC CEO, season ticket holder etc was on the UEFA panel might be a bit of an issue. Given that the panels punishment would effectively wipe out LFCs main domestic competitor for the next few years

Hopefully we may have something to say about that. But your point is valid, the presence of that person on a grouping passing judgement on a competitor is demeaning.

The only way to make FFP work is every club having the same transfer expenditure cap and wage cap. E.g. no team can go over £150m in transfer fees and no team can have a wage bill over £100m.
That wouldn’t work for the established elite, though, it would make leagues far too competitive.

The only way to make FFP work is every club having the same transfer expenditure cap and wage cap. E.g. no team can go over £150m in transfer fees and no team can have a wage bill over £100m.
That wouldn’t work for the established elite, though, it would make leagues far too competitive.
I remember when they first spoke about bringing it in, this is what I thought it would be.

I remember when they first spoke about bringing it in, this is what I thought it would be.
That's how it works in America -- the NBA, for example -- but I think there's no chance of a "flat cap" when you have relegation. They won't be able to sell huge, long-term TV contracts if there's not a reasonable certainty that the biggest teams will be in the league every year.

Status
Not open for further replies.