Sportpesa

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you're probably about right with 20m. Not sure how sponsorship is priced, but can imagine a big chunk is based on shirt sales, which we know is not our strongest suit. Hence why parity with Chelsea etc. could be seen as fanciful...
You do realise its not sponsorship in the normal sense
You do realise its pure underhand financial filth

Curious, where has the NEC rumour come from? Didn’t even realise they were still relevant?
This was posted earlier

And as I posted earlier

Megafon:How much will this job cost
NEC :2 Billion US dollars.
Megafon : Here is 2.5 billion dollars, now we have a small favour to ask you

I don't get why we have to settle for anything less than £5/10m below what Spurs are getting, we were reguarly finishing above them a few years ago and they've only won the league twice. They may be getting into Europe reguarly now but with a few good additions and Carlo at the wheel, so will we. If the money comes from an outside source like NEC, I can't see a problem.

The problem is if we match what the likes of Spurs are getting who are regularly in the CL UEFA will start keeping an eye on us.

Whereas if we are smart - we increase to say £20 million a year (double what WHU are getting who are the highest outside the top 6) then I wouldn't be shocked in the slightest the moment we qualify for say the EL or even the CL USM will increase our sponser to the same level as Spurs or say Liverpool- that way UEFA cant moan about fair market price as we could simply say we are being paid exactly what other CL competitors in the league are.

With FFP its all about boxing clever.

I think we need to close the gap quickly now though, because we need to close the gap now because it'll only grow further, they'll be looking at getting more again with their next deal which will leave us playing catch again. They've been helped very generously by var this season imo and we have play dirty because it's not a level playing field.

We’re fast running out of things for Uncle Uz to sponsor.

I know it would be seen as a horrific shout to some (most) but personally I wouldn’t mind if we looked into him sponsoring Goodison, if the money was right.

Would potentially put £100m into the club over a few seasons and everyone would call it Goodison anyway

Curious, where has the NEC rumour come from? Didn’t even realise they were still relevant?

I know it would be seen as a horrific shout to some (most) but personally I wouldn’t mind if we looked into him sponsoring Goodison, if the money was right.

Would potentially put £100m into the club over a few seasons and everyone would call it Goodison anyway

Surely he must have paid something to put the megafon things up in the park end.

I think you're probably about right with 20m. Not sure how sponsorship is priced, but can imagine a big chunk is based on shirt sales, which we know is not our strongest suit. Hence why parity with Chelsea etc. could be seen as fanciful...

20m per season, for the 4th biggest team in England in terms of leagues won would be very modest, and if anything could be seen as too low.

This was posted earlier

And as I posted earlier

Megafon:How much will this job cost
NEC :2 Billion US dollars.
Megafon : Here is 2.5 billion dollars, now we have a small favour to ask you

It may not even be as "underhand" as that scenario. It may just be that they want to be seen to be strengthening ties with Megaphonand one way of doing that is to sponsor the same company as they are.

Let's be absolutely clear here as well, there is nothing FFP or anyone else could do if NEC were to come in and sponsor us. They will look like utter cranks if they start trying to make out it's all a conspiracy if they get involved.

FWIW I think the shirt sponsorship will probably start relatively low, but involve lots of add ups (for things like European qualification) being automatic increases. Similar to the training ground sponsorship. Start low then keep increasing when arbitrary targets are hit.

I think this is perhaps a bit of a confused way to look at it. There are always new things to be sponsored. Someone had suggested different sponsors for home and away kit. What about the womens team, what if we were following calls wider calls to build equality in the game and became the first club to ensure both teams achieved equal sponsorships?

There might be some lounges that need sponsoring? Or the official match day or programme sponsorship etc.

There is plenty that can be sponsored.

There must be something in the rumours that Sportpesa, I believe due to government investigation in Kenya, are up the creek without a paddle.

They based themselves in Liverpool, it may have even been directly in the Liver Building, so being the sponsor of Everton was a major part of their expansion strategy so the fact the have mutually agreed to end this partnership too probably means they are in a very difficult position.

Not that I'm remotely bothered like, they were a dreadful organisation to be associated with, taking the mick out of on social media when we're getting beat is obviously not going to endear them to any Everton fan - not to mention some of the more darker allegations that have been levelled at them.

They could have learned something from the Angry Birds! Despite how their logo looks on our sleave at least they understand what being a sponsor entails.

It could be that. Or alternatively it could be that the club now have a much better offer on the table and are happy to either buy themselves out of the contract or feel that certain targets haven't been hit, have been quite smart in putting opt outs and have enacted them.

There are 2 real possibilities with this. Either a company not related to USM have come in and wanted to sponsor us for more money, and we have jumped at the chance. Or B, that having got through a number of other sponsorships the club now feel more confident in striking an agreement with USM as a shirt sponsor.

Status
Not open for further replies.