Usmanov

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly. That’s what has happened to City.
There are limits.
No it isn't.
City suggested that Etihad would be giving them buckets of cash. It was then leaked that the majority of said sponsorship cash would be coming from their owner, thus breaching FFP being an issue to go along with falsifying their accounts. Allegedly.

Having USM give us big cash because they see us as the perfect investment / partnership opportunity is unlikely to see us investigated. What exactly would they be investigating?

I don’t think we could genuinely get the same (£40 mill) from say USM and have it pass PL scrutiny.
However, SportPesa was worth £7mill a year, so I think we could certainly double that to say £15mill ish and it would not fail the PL commercial revenue test.
Why
It does not have to be USM
IT could be NEC for 40 m

Megafon:How much will this job cost
NEC :2 Billion US dollars.
Megafon : Here is 2.5 billion dollars, now we have a small favour to ask you

From what I understand City are being punished for not disclosing full details and withholding information, something they are about to appeal. It remains to be seen if they are in breach of FFP so I guess we will have to wait and see before commenting too much further, I think it wrong that UEFA have gone public before the appeal, it must be very destabilising for City, despite the fact I loathe them and have ever since Peter Swales ran off with me ma.

On another point, could it be that Usmanov is deliberately keeping himself at arms length from Everton so that he can invest without compromising FFP?

The development of the docks is now starting to gather pace, our new ground will be part of the most fashionable , expensive and high profile area of the city within a decade.

We have appointed an elite manager.. by any standards .
We are now firmly in contention for the Europa league and mathematically at least you would have to say that the CL is not out of the question.

Given all these circumstances, how does anybody decide what we are worth to a potential sponsor who sees an allegiance with the club as a sound investment for the longer term ?

A potential sponsor who has no stake in the company although a long term business partner of the owner.

From what I understand City are being punished for not disclosing full details and withholding information, something they are about to appeal. It remains to be seen if they are in breach of FFP so I guess we will have to wait and see before commenting too much further, I think it wrong that UEFA have gone public before the appeal, it must be very destabilising for City, despite the fact I loathe them and have ever since Peter Swales ran off with me ma.

On another point, could it be that Usmanov is deliberately keeping himself at arms length from Everton so that he can invest without compromising FFP?

This. Im sure city won their appeal against FFP, but are being punished for not helping Uefa with their investigation and telling porkies about where the money came from. If the amount they said was actully coming from etihad then there wouldnt be an issue.

Seems to me usmanov has enough companys to funnel cash into us where the city guy had to create shell companys to pump money in? Not 100% sure.

Also something is only worth as much as the buyer is willing to pay.

The development of the docks is now starting to gather pace, our new ground will be part of the most fashionable , expensive and high profile area of the city within a decade.

We are now firmly in contention for the Europa league and mathematically at least you would have to say that the CL is not out of the question.

Given all these circumstances, how does anybody decide what we are worth to a potential sponsor who sees an allegiance with the club as a sound investment for the longer term ?

A potential sponsor who has no stake in the company although a long term business partner of the owner.

Exactly, if say for instance, NEC who have no ties to the club want to offer £40m to be shirt sponsers, then who gives them the right to say to them, nah put your money away, you'll only have to pay £20m. Despite both of us agreeing on the terms.

There will be a number they will know that they can go to and evidence as fair market value. We’ll probably push right up to that number and then renegotiate as we progress hopefully. I don’t expect we’ll come out with a deal comparable to the top 6 but something putting us ahead of the rest of the prem couldn’t be questioned given our long term status in the prem, historical standing in the game, home and away support, new stadium on the horizon, and profile of manager and players like Richarlison Pickford etc.

Exactly, if say for instance, NEC who have no ties to the club want to offer £40m to be shirt sponsers, then who gives them the right to say to them, nah put your money away, you'll only have to pay £20m. Despite both of us agreeing on the terms.
Megafon and NEC have previous business ties
i wonder if their name being mentioned is purely coincidental
Would be out of the blue as they are previous sponsors so all above board

Megafon and NEC have previous business ties
i wonder if their name being mentioned is purely coincidental
Would be out of the blue as they are previous sponsors so all above board

Yeah there's probably nothing in it but I'm sure Alisher's business portfolio and 'friends' are spread far and wide. These people don't move money around, it's just numbers.

There will be a number they will know that they can go to and evidence as fair market value. We’ll probably push right up to that number and then renegotiate as we progress hopefully. I don’t expect we’ll come out with a deal comparable to the top 6 but something putting us ahead of the rest of the prem couldn’t be questioned given our long term status in the prem, historical standing in the game, home and away support, new stadium on the horizon, and profile of manager and players like Richarlison Pickford etc.
I might be wrong about this, but I'm pretty sure the "fair market value" thing only applies to "associated entities". So if USM want to sponsor us, they can, but only within those guidelines.

If it was NEC or whoever, they can pay whatever they want.

I think that is what will happen.
The figure will immediately jump to the maximum that it reasonably can.
Any improvement or success will result in substantial increases as per whatever agreement will be in place.

the interesting thing will e the response form City if this ruling isn’t lessened or overturned! I suspect they will say ‘OK you banned us for 2 years and fined us a squillion quid, have you looked into Chelsea and Abramovitch etc,etc. It could become a real grass-fest?

Status
Not open for further replies.