Johnny Heitinga - "Leaving hurt"

Status
Not open for further replies.
He really tailed off after his player of the year season - and not just for us. I recall him being utterly dreadfully for Fulham. As a few point out, if his knee had gone it explains a lot. He was pure snide, all little digs and tugs out of the refs sight.

Yeah really liked him at CB. Marshalling Crouch brilliantly in a home game Vs Spurs is a fond memory, especially given Crouch was a whole person taller than him.

I swear some people hate every player to have played for Everton after 1995...

Graveson was overrated, Cahill is morally despicable, Nigel Martyn was the worst keeper ever in the prem, Coleman was never good etc. etc.

Internet. Gives everyone a voice. Before they were just that idiots that spouted nonsense a few rows in front you during the game, that made the people surrounding him roll thier eyes.

He really tailed off after his player of the year season - and not just for us. I recall him being utterly dreadfully for Fulham. As a few point out, if his knee had gone it explains a lot. He was pure snide, all little digs and tugs out of the refs sight.

More like he got dropped unceremoniously by Moyes after his player of the year season. Jags was straight back in regardless of form/qualities.

I always thought Heitinga was the better player being honest. Jags was faster than him, but that's about it. He got a lot of his plaudits for the last gasp lunges he would make, which made for some spectacular looking tackles when they paid off, but also counted for a hell of a lot of goals we conceded that deflected off him and left Howard stranded. Heitinga on the other hand read the game much better and didn't have to do it. So naturally, people then just thought he was a "sh*thouse", which is standard.

He was also much better on the ball and far greater passer. I still have Nightmares of Jags trying to replicate Heitingas long range passing and launching several consecutive hopeful punts from the Right Back position straight into the Gladys Street, usually while we struggled to break a team down. Those were the days.

More like he got dropped unceremoniously by Moyes after his player of the year season. Jags was straight back in regardless of form/qualities.

I always thought Heitinga was the better player being honest. Jags was faster than him, but that's about it. He got a lot of his plaudits for the last gasp lunges he would make, which made for some spectacular looking tackles when they paid off, but also counted for a hell of a lot of goals we conceded that deflected off him and left Howard stranded. Heitinga on the other hand read the game much better and didn't have to do it. So naturally, people then just thought he was a "sh*thouse", which is standard.

He was also much better on the ball and far greater passer. I still have Nightmares of Jags trying to replicate Heitingas long range passing and launching several consecutive hopeful punts from the Right Back position straight into the Gladys Street, usually while we struggled to break a team down. Those were the days.

The snide ain't a bad thing- Barry and Cahill were two expert proponents. Probably right about Moyes dropping him. However, that combined with a dodgy knee explains a lot.

I remember a little purple patch with him and Lucas Neil(l?)
I remember the Cole bump

I also remember how he'd ride a bike to Barca and how he was crap in mid field...but he didn't pick himself there, thats down to Moyes

Status
Not open for further replies.