Sportpesa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does there have to be a timeframe for when the new sponsors announced?

You would assume it'll be before the new kits released for next season if its to have the logo on the shirts.

I like this year's kit a lot. My wife bought me one for Christmas. It's got a discarded sponsor on it now. She got me Davies #26 on the back. Hope he comes good this year or I might have to give it away to some street urchin

Does there have to be a timeframe for when the new sponsors announced?

You would assume it'll be before the new kits released for next season if its to have the logo on the shirts.

It depends on contracts and if there is a date written in there about the expiry and announcement of a successor. Worst case is that it ends 1st July and we can't know who the new one is until then. Best case is we can announce all the changes in the last couple of weeks of the season, new kit, new sponsors and new shirt on display last game of the season and on sale before 1st June.

To be honest I didn't mind sportpesa, they offered more cash than chang and the logo is not mental (check out; wolves, palace, Burnley, Norwich, Sheffield United, Newcastle and Southampton, horrible logos)

Hoping for something smart and plenty of cash. Given that we have Megafon on the side of the stadium now, my money is on them, but you never know, if we somehow get 5th and Champions league, we could see a nice adidas kit deal with Tesla on the front of the shirt ;) :)

Interesting thread this... We're all to happy to leg Sportspesa on grounds of morality and then welcome in Megafon or USM due to the financial rewards it may bring,but it's almost like we've got no problem ignoring Usmanovs links to Putin and the Kremlin.

For the record,I welcome our Uzbeki overlord.

A new sponsor at this point is a masterstroke. With the Amazon deal, it was the biggest year yet for the Premier league in turns of reach and revenue, following so close to the sleeve sponsor laws being introduced 1 year earlier, and with the added clout of signing 1 of the top managers in Europe and plans submitted for a new ground, it would be easy to suggest that any incoming sponsor would have to significantly increase the revenue from the previous partner without being anywhere near suspicious.

If it is NEC, a company that has a previous history in sponsoring the club & will have first hand knowledge of the benefits of sponsoring an english team, albeit with nowhere near the exposure levels back then (we were banned from Europe months after signing the deal and remained so for the majority of their stay, can't think why, and only qualified again months after they left), and the additional links to USM to boot, it seems like a no brainer for both Parties.

Also, I always liked the "New" NEC Logo. Looks classy and to me, is still somehow synonymous with Everton, even though its been 1/4 of a century since they were here.

We're not the only ones getting rid of them.

Irish FA terminated their sponsorship (02/02/2020)

Racing Point F1 car missing their logo but still listed as their sponsors (today)

Might be a result of Kenyan regulators clamping down on betting companies- (02/10/2019)

- and causing them to layoff a lot of staff (04/10/2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.