Man City Banned From Europe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just have to hope all the teams around us keep dropping points.

We need to do our part, but in reality, we’re going to drop at least 6 over the next 4, so things like a villa beating Spurs today and Chelsea United drawing would be very nice.

Yep as I’ve said teams (atm) have better team/squad above us exept United,and Sheffield United.

Spurs and Sheffield Utd have 5th & 6th sown up.

Basically it comes down to us, Utd, Wolves & Arsenal for 7th and potentially 8th if that also get a European spot.

Hopefully Chelsea beat Utd tomorrow and Newcastle can hold arsenal to a draw later.

Spurs and Sheffield Utd have 5th & 6th sown up.

Basically it comes down to us, Utd, Wolves & Arsenal for 7th and potentially 8th if that also get a European spot.

Hopefully Chelsea beat Utd tomorrow and Newcastle can hold arsenal to a draw later.
Spurs and Sheff Utd haven’t got them places nailed down, how can you say that? There’s 36 points to play for, we are right in the mix, and we still have to play both of them.

Spurs and Sheff Utd haven’t got them places nailed down, how can you say that? There’s 36 points to play for, we are right in the mix, and we still have to play both of them.

As I've said just my opinion mate - you think differently sound.

We play both of them away

our fixture list is much harder.

Our GD is much worse which is basically -1

We picked up 5 points out of 12 in the last round of games against our next 4 - I cant see us catching them above if we drop similiar points this time around.

If we go on a mad run that can change but I just cant see it.

As I've said just my opinion mate - you think differently sound.

We play both of them away

our fixture list is much harder.

Our GD is much worse which is basically -1

We picked up 5 points out of 12 in the last round of games against our next 4 - I cant see us catching them above if we drop similiar points this time around.

If we go on a mad run that can change but I just cant see it.
You have about 7/8 teams fighting for survival so there is plenty more twist and turns left this season, with the so called easier fixtures. I don’t care how well Sheff Utd are doing we should be going there and coming away with 3 points.

Sewn up, sheff utd are 3 points ahead :hayee::hayee::hayee::hayee:

Compare our next 4 games mate - it'll be a miracle if we are even 6 behind them your also forgetting they have +8 GD meaning even if we crawl level they go above.

People obviously haven't watched Sheff Utd much this season they rarely lose games and will go the distance.

Some arrogance from our part - until Ancelotti gets his own players through the door in the summer this is still the same group of players who can concede 2 goals in 1 minute and snatch defeat from the jaws of victory - we aint Liverpool or Man City just yet

Compare our next 4 games - it'll be a miracle if we are even 6 behind them your also forgetting they have +8 GD meaning even if we crawl level they go above.

People obviously haven't watched Sheff Utd much this season they rarely lose games and will go the distance.

Some arrogance from our part - until Ancelotti gets his own players through the door in the summer this is still the same group of players who can concede 2 goals in 1 minute and snatch defeat from the jaws of victory - we aint Liverpool or Man City just yet

I'm only concerned about our next game.

It's a tough one but we can can pick up a result. Need to be picking up points on road at other mid table sides.

Trying to predict 4 or 5 game cycles is so completely and utterly pointless. We will pick up points where we are expected to lose and we will drop points where we would expect to win. That's how we roll.

I'm only concerned about our next game.

It's a tough one but we can can pick up a result. Need to be picking up points on road at other mid table sides.

Trying to predict 4 or 5 game cycles is so completely and utterly pointless. We will pick up points where we are expected to lose and we will drop points where we would expect to win. That's how we roll.

I just dont have much faith in these players of ours mate (especially the midfield) to realistically get 5th/6th we will need atleast two of the following to change:

1. Our general away form considering we play Arsenal, Chelsea, Wolves, Sheffield Utd and Spurs away who are all our rivals

2. Inability to win against the top 6 particularly away from home (Arsenal, Chelsea, Spurs)

3. Our garbage record in the derby

4. Conceding daft goals from mistakes (Delph, Pickford in particular lately)

As mentioned before Utd have a huge commercial revenue that easily services their debt for the foreseeable. The loveable neighbours have a much lower debt burden that they readily meet too whereas Chelsea are still Abramovich's plaything, he still pumps money in to keep them solvent. Their business model now looks to the future thoufh with young talent farmed across Europe. City are totally reliant on their benefactor and this now looks quite dodgy ground. We, well, we need Moshiri to keep dreaming his dream and not think about cutting and running or we're dead instantly. Think before you type.

Come on.

Because they’re all close to a billion in debt?

Guessing you’re new to “soccer”
All debt isn't a bad thing. The likes of Manchester United have so many sponsors and commercial deals, that they can easily command huge credit and can pay off the amortized amounts periodically.
Manchester City don't have such deals and tried fudging their sponsorship which were indirectly being payed by their owners.

Status
Not open for further replies.