Man City Banned From Europe

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think if we got in a tussle for fifth with one of United Arsenal Or Spurs then we’d amazingly find ourselves on the end of some questionable refereeing decisions to be edged out. I absolutely believe that to be the most likely scenario. Hopefully if we continue this good form and the others stay inconsistent that scenario wouldn’t come about. There were a few seasons back under Moyes where us Villa or Spurs were pushing Arsenal for 4th and Arsenal were just airlifted into it getting penalties most games.

Do you really think Uefa or the premier league want representation in the CL from Leicester Everton and Wolves or from United Arsenal Chelsea?

Weird that mate.

Almost as if they only care about English football?

Look at Italy; weird that they haven’t stopped Atalanta, Udinese etc getting in, in recent years over Milan, Inter and Lazio/Roma.

France? Marseille and Lyon have missed out over the likes of Lille and Toulouse.

Germany? Leverkusen? Schalke? Don’t seem to mind RB Leipzig and Hoffenheim having a pop.
English Authorities is a different matter.

They’re not fixing it for United or Arsenal though, it’s just not true.

Weird that mate.

Almost as if they only care about English football?

Look at Italy; weird that they haven’t stopped Atalanta, Udinese etc getting in, in recent years over Milan, Inter and Lazio/Roma.

France? Marseille and Lyon have missed out over the likes of Lille and Toulouse.

Germany? Leverkusen? Schalke? Don’t seem to mind RB Leipzig and Hoffenheim having a pop.
English Authorities is a different matter.

They’re not fixing it for United or Arsenal though, it’s just not true.

Nobody can tell you which clubs FFP benefits, its quite laughable.

Every big club, small club or clubs like Everton are affected by FFP rules.

Ok. To be fair you can shorten my list to Utd and the RS and my statement still holds.

those two (as distasteful as we might find it) account for a huge % of the foreign interest in the PL - which is what keeps the whole thing afloat.
I can't agree with this I'm afraid.
There is far more to the Premier League and English football in general than those two clubs.
Many clubs, ourselves included, have fans all over the world and most football loving nations adore the English leagues, with or without our lovable local rivals.

Ffp will never be scrapped if it is clubs will start to become bankrupt and cease to exist.

Ffp is right, it's just harsh on clubs with low turnover.
So you say FFP is right it's just harsh on some clubs.. Financial Fair Play is right it's just harsh on some clubs.. Financial Fair play is right it's just harsh on some clubs. How on earth can you think it's right that something with the word Fair in it's name can justifiably be harsh on some clubs. It's one of the most unfair rules in sports, from the day it was implemented those who happened to be doing well financially at that brief moment in time were given a massive advantage over those who were not going so well.

So you say FFP is right it's just harsh on some clubs.. Financial Fair Play is right it's just harsh on some clubs.. Financial Fair play is right it's just harsh on some clubs. How on earth can you think it's right that something with the word Fair in it's name can justifiably be harsh on some clubs. It's one of the most unfair rules in sports, from the day it was implemented those who happened to be doing well financially at that brief moment in time were given a massive advantage over those who were not going so well.

Football clubs dont do well financially for a brief period of time, generally. (Hello Leicester). United are tragic on the field, relative to their size, but off field, they are still a financial cash cow. If they remained rubbish for ages, that would tail off, obvs, but run well, that shouldnt happen.

Unlike many in here I think that it’s good that cheating the system gets you done no matter how big you are. I hope they end up in league 2 with the human fish tank in their tunnel I really do.

Heysel was the straw that broke the camels back as far as UEFA and the authorities were concerned. The english ban was a result of Heysel but also due to the years of English hooliganism in the 80's in mainland europe.
Yeah, sure it was mate.....solely down to the rs imo....stop talking garbage.

I can't agree with this I'm afraid.
There is far more to the Premier League and English football in general than those two clubs.
Many clubs, ourselves included, have fans all over the world and most football loving nations adore the English leagues, with or without our lovable local rivals.
You can disagree all you want.

obviously lots of clubs have fans all over the world, but a disproportionate slice of the overseas fans support those two clubs.

The overseas interest wouldn’t disappear without those two, but it would decrease by a significant amount, and the money coming in from overseas tv deals would drop along with it.

Chelsea are the club that benefited from this, if Ambramovich spent now like he did when he first arrived there they would have been banned long ago.

FFP came in after he distorted English football by using his money to turn Chelsea into league winners and that took him a good 3-4 seasons to do it.

So if there is one club that benefited from FFP it’s them as that advantage they had and used has now been removed for everyone else

Football clubs dont do well financially for a brief period of time, generally. (Hello Leicester). United are tragic on the field, relative to their size, but off field, they are still a financial cash cow. If they remained rubbish for ages, that would tail off, obvs, but run well, that shouldnt happen.

We're just lucky that Utd and Arsenals owners only care about making money out of their clubs instead of investing in them.

Status
Not open for further replies.