Man City Banned From Europe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope, they can't get rid of ffp.
If they do clubs will overspend, become bankrupt , the owners leave and the fans lose their club.

It is in place to stop teams buying the league and rightly so, also ensured debts are kept to a certain level.
But it doesn't do that. It just stops SOME teams from buying the league.

There's ways to protect clubs from bad ownership without making upper echelons of the league a closed shop

If you reckon FFP was brought in because UEFA care about the fans, you are woefully naive

Because we have usmanov trying to do.sometjing similar.
If kenright was still in charge we would be praising ffp.
Not really.

City aren't being banned for overspending. They're not even being banned for inflated or somewhat dodgy sponsorship deals.

They're being banned for flat out lying about their income in their accounts.

I don't see the point in wasting my time speculating/getting excited about this if there's a good chance this won't have any effect on us, so I'm going to ignore it until after the appeal.

Not sure whether this is good or bad news for us.

I don't think City will be banned for next season because their appeal will drag on for months, so a 5th place finish this season wouldn't give us a CL place anyway, although 5th place next season would, if their ban is upheld.

Longer term, this could affect us in future. We were made up when Usmanov gave us £30 mill for naming rights for the new stadium, leading us to believe we'll just flout FFP rules, spend big and take any fine. If City's ban is upheld, we have to be careful we don't fall into the same trap, which could severely restrict our ability to compete.

Maybe the best case scenario is City win their appeal and FFP crumbles, allowing us to spend big without fear of being punished.

Not sure whether this is good or bad news for us.

I don't think City will be banned for next season because their appeal will drag on for months, so a 5th place finish this season wouldn't give us a CL place anyway, although 5th place next season would, if their ban is upheld.

Longer term, this could affect us in future. We were made up when Usmanov gave us £30 mill for naming rights for the new stadium, leading us to believe we'll just flout FFP rules, spend big and take any fine. If City's ban is upheld, we have to be careful we don't fall into the same trap, which could severely restrict our ability to compete.

Maybe the best case scenario is City win their appeal and FFP crumbles, allowing us to spend big without fear of being punished.

Perversely FFP could benefit us - USM is largely Usmanovs company who isnt our owner (lolz) therefore UEFA would have a harder time trying to pin inflated sponsorships on us than Etihad who are technically owned by Man Citys owner.

I know Mosh owns a small stake in USM but they'll argue in a court room that small stake isnt enough to pass sponsorships deals through.

Hopefully we've cracked the FFP loophole and inflate our revenue whilst clubs around us are unable to do so.

Or if FFP crumbles Usmanov comes officially on board and doesnt have to give us these daft sponsorship deals.

The only reason why they got pulled up is because some Journo went all guns blazing for them.

If that didn't happen, Uefa wouldn't have looked into it. It's also why they won't look deep into other clubs.

This will be there big warning to say "it's working so watch out" even though they didn't really do anything to investigate.

Not really.

City aren't being banned for overspending. They're not even being banned for inflated or somewhat dodgy sponsorship deals.

They're being banned for flat out lying about their income in their accounts.

like when our shadow owner spends 30 million for a place in line for the opportunity to get stadium naming rights?
They will try to use ffp against Everton guaranteed

So the rs only won because City had a points deduction? 2019/2020 winners will have a big asterisk against this title. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.