2019/20 Tom Davies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thats the point - he's actually regressing and people think him arsing around trying to be the next fashion icon is somehow going to help him make it as a top level player/athlete.

I've called it for a while - I think he'll end up in the championship / lower leagues before sacking football off and going into the fashion industry. Fair play to the lad if he does I hope it works out for him but he's wasting his talent imo.

Do you even read what you post half the time? Of all the things to let bother you it's his clobber, that mate is just plain weird and slightly obsessive.

‘Says young scouse lad in bucket loads’

I don’t give a crap what he’s wearing but that is just a load of bollocks.

You go out to town or go to the match and tell me who is dressing like that? It doesn’t say scouse in the slightest.

Also, you’re making a big deal out of a comment I made on how he’s supposedly helping new players connect with a fanbase.

You get your head out of your arse and read posts properly.

So he has to dress exactly like everyone who goes to the match in order to connect to them? Is that the type of culture it is in Liverpool, look like us and fit in or GTFO? Glad I'm not from there or a part of it then.

Do you even read what you post half the time? Of all the things to let bother you it's his clobber, that mate is just plain weird and slightly obsessive.

What some are not getting is that its not a case of him dressing like an idiot on a lads holiday every now and again - this is how he carries on whenever he's outside of Finch Farm and im pretty sure him and Hector Bellerin spend alot of time looking into fashion chains / cat walks etc together.

If thats his passion im happy for him - but my issue is a footballers career goes very quickly and for me he just isn't taking it as seriously as someone who wants to make it as a top level performer.

In his debut season under Koeman he genuinely looked like he could be a maestro in the middle for us - fast forward 3 years and he's regressed.

Compare his application to Holgate and even Kenny who've taken loan moves away and have taken advantage of their ability and are trying to progress and improve for the sake of their careers.

My point ultimately is Tom has to decide if football is his main passion or fashion- if its the former he needs to clean up his act and start getting serious about where his career is currently going, if its the latter I suppose he'll like I said slowly fall into footballing obscurity in the lower leagues before probably setting up his own fashion store or clothing line.

Its not an attack on the lad I want him to do well for Everton Football Club - I want him to lead us to glory but only he can make that happen.

What some are not getting is that its not a case of him dressing like an idiot on a lads holiday every now and again - this is how he carries on whenever he's outside of Finch Farm and im pretty sure him and Hector Bellerin spend alot of time looking into fashion chains / cat walks etc together.

If thats his passion im happy for him - but my issue is a footballers career goes very quickly and for me he just isn't taking it as seriously as someone who wants to make it as a top level performer.

In his debut season under Koeman he genuinely looked like he could be a maestro in the middle for us - fast forward 3 years and he's regressed.

Compare his application to Holgate and even Kenny who've taken loan moves away and have taken advantage of their ability and are trying to progress and improve for the sake of their careers.

My point ultimately is Tom has to decide if football is his main passion or fashion- if its the former he needs to clean up his act and start getting serious about where his career is currently going, if its the latter I suppose he'll like I said slowly fall into footballing obscurity in the lower leagues before probably setting up his own fashion.

Its not an attack on the lad I want him to do well for Everton Football Club - I want him to lead us to glory but only he can make that happen.

But mate they are allowed lives away from work, at the end of the day it's only their job, now I don't know about you but I used to switch off totally from work outside of work, why should it be different for these lads. I'd be more bothered if they were out on the bevvy all the time pictured with granny brass.

So he has to dress exactly like everyone who goes to the match in order to connect to them? Is that the type of culture it is in Liverpool, look like us and fit in or GTFO? Glad I'm not from there or a part of it then.
I think that’s missing the point. I think you’re doing it deliberately, too.

Everton draw in a fanbase from a poor, working-class city. To suggest Tom Davies walking around in an LV bathrobe helps players who aren’t from the city connect to the fans is ridiculous.

As I’ve also said, I don’t care what he wears, just commenting on what someone else said. I’m more concerned with his stagnation as a player.

Status
Not open for further replies.