2019/20 Tom Davies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Behave lad, just because we are all penniless meffs doesn’t mean the players have to be? Nor does their spending their earning somehow make them less of a blue. I suppose you would drive the Same car you do now and buy your clothes from the same stores if you were on his wedge?
No, I am insinuating that many fans overly back players such as Davies due to how they much they can relate to them, working class lad from Liverpool brought up a Blue, etc. To see him parading around wearing 100k worth of designer clothing on makes me wonder just how people feel they can relate to him other than the fact he happens to support Everton. Goes without saying though that if I actually rated him as a player I wouldn't have posted this, but I think he's rubbish and thoroughly undeserving of the wedge he's on.

No, I am insinuating that many fans overly back players such as Davies due to how they much they can relate to them, working class lad from Liverpool brought up a Blue, etc. To see him parading around wearing 100k worth of designer clothing on makes me wonder just how people feel they can relate to him other than the fact he happens to support Everton. Goes without saying though that if I actually rated him as a player I wouldn't have posted this, but I think he's rubbish and thoroughly undeserving of the wedge he's on.
It’s all relative I suppose, they are all paid obscene amounts, but in the great pantheon of wages thieves currently draining the life blood out of our club, Tom is some way back from the firing line in my opinion.

I imagine there are people who relate to him in the same way kids from the hood relate to rappers who went from nothing to a millionaire.

They may live in different worlds now but they both come from the similar background and thus see him as something to aspire to.

This is just me making assumptions though, I’ve no idea of Toms background, his parents might be massive tory toffs for all I know.

It’s all relative I suppose, they are all paid obscene amounts, but in the great pantheon of wages thieves currently draining the life blood out of our club, Tom is some way back from the firing line in my opinion.
Just makes my blood boil, to be honest. Why can't they just live their lives of luxury away from the cameras where it is rubbing all the fans' noses in it? To think a large majority of our fans scrimp and save all year just to be able to afford a season ticket, yet it takes the money of around 50 - 70 of these season tickets just to pay a week's wages for Davies. Or to look at it another way, you need to get around 1000 fans through the turnstiles each week to pay his weekly wage. To see him waltz around the pitch and perform so badly on a constant basis, then parade around in obscenely-priced designer gear, it's hard for it not to leave a sour taste in the mouth. The lad is genuinely Championship material at best, but has been afforded a multi-millionaire's lifestyle by some people who absolutely appalling judgement at Everton.

Just makes my blood boil, to be honest. Why can't they just live their lives of luxury away from the cameras where it is rubbing all the fans' noses in it? To think a large majority of our fans scrimp and save all year just to be able to afford a season ticket, yet it takes the money of around 50 - 70 of these season tickets just to pay a week's wages for Davies. Or to look at it another way, you need to get around 1000 fans through the turnstiles each week to pay his weekly wage. To see him waltz around the pitch and perform so badly on a constant basis, then parade around in obscenely-priced designer gear, it's hard for it not to leave a sour taste in the mouth. The lad is genuinely Championship material at best, but has been afforded a multi-millionaire's lifestyle by some people who absolutely appalling judgement at Everton.
Tbf mate that's just what kids do these days and he is still a kid.

Status
Not open for further replies.