Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would love Graelish as the box to box middy but there will be a lot of competition for him and he will have a hefty transfer fee.

Would love Graelish as the box to box middy but there will be a lot of competition for him and he will have a hefty transfer fee.
Everyone says this but I’m not sure where he’d go. Seems like maybe Spurs but I imagine Jose will want big name signings. Arsenal make sense given their midfield issues but they might end up worse off than us. Chelsea don’t need him. City wouldn’t play him regularly. Liverpool, same. That leaves United out of the “big 6” clubs and they’ve only just bought Fernandes. Don’t know that we’d have as much competition as people think.

If Villa go down what do you reckon the fee would be? 40-50mil? That prices him out for most other sides automatically.

Everyone says this but I’m not sure where he’d go. Seems like maybe Spurs but I imagine Jose will want big name signings. Arsenal make sense given their midfield issues but they might end up worse off than us. Chelsea don’t need him. City wouldn’t play him regularly. Liverpool, same. That leaves United out of the “big 6” clubs and they’ve only just bought Fernandes. Don’t know that we’d have as much competition as people think.

If Villa go down what do you reckon the fee would be? 40-50mil? That prices him out for most other sides automatically.
I don't know if he's City level, but they are about to lose David Silva and most likely Sane in the two positions that he has played this year. I think they could potentially be interested, but obviously they have their pick out of the entire world more or less to fill the spots. I can't see anyone else though.

The other thing about Grealish is he won't be playing central midfield unless we drastically change the formation. He's been moved out of that spot for Villa because he simply isn't good enough positionally and at tackling to play there in the PL. And my God would a two of him and Andre Gomes be a complete disaster. So to me if we are buying him he's a left wing solution.

Ive heard nothing but good things about that Sarr at Watford.

Apparently they are knackered without him at the moment.
I agree with you here. Good player, similar skill set to Walcott if we are committing to the current set up, but faster and potentially a more natural goal scorer.

I don't know if he's City level, but they are about to lose David Silva and most likely Sane in the two positions that he has played this year. I think they could potentially be interested, but obviously they have their pick out of the entire world more or less to fill the spots. I can't see anyone else though.

The other thing about Grealish is he won't be playing central midfield unless we drastically change the formation. He's been moved out of that spot for Villa because he simply isn't good enough positionally and at tackling to play there in the PL. And my God would a two of him and Andre Gomes be a complete disaster. So to me if we are buying him he's a left wing solution.
He'd start with Gbamin. He's fine positionally. He's not James Maddisson, man. He'd also be more than 50M. United will buy him.

From what I have seen of Gbamin, he is a box to box player, so they may wait to see how he does on returning.
We may need cover at LB as if Digne got injured, it wouldn’t be sensible to rely on Baines for any length of time.
Sidebe may be one of our signings, but there is a decision about JJK to make.
We need a left footed CB.
A right winger seems a good shout.
Personally I would be happy with one or two high quality signings.
We have sufficient numbers.
Gbamin is a sitting 6. He's not a box to box player.

He'd start with Gbamin. He's fine positionally. He's not James Maddisson, man. He'd also be more than 50M. United will buy him.
I don't think United will buy him because it would be a quite smart thing for them to do.

Villa moved him back to the wing because he was poor out of possession. In a better team it wouldn't be a problem, which is why I suggested City, but I don't think we quite reach the level yet. However Gbamin, Gomes and a third CM behind Grealish at #10 and Richarlison and DCL up top is something I could get behind in a big way.

Foden replaces Silva, as already been stated by Pep. They wouldn’t sign Grealish as a winger if Sane leaves.

Status
Not open for further replies.