2019/20 Bernard

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's the secret to Bernard's abilities, you may ask?

giphy.gif

JFC I thought we had reached the peak of hyperbole in this thread already.

Some of us enjoy watching flair players, he also busts a gut. Tidy little player and he seems to be acknowledging the fact he's too unselfish at times and has started having pops at goal. We have a lot bigger problems than Bernard.

The lads a joy to watch, I have a lot of time for players who try and entertain, at the end of the day that's what it should be like. Tactics in the modern game have killed the joy for most of us. We(English footy) used to get slated for direct football but it's a damn sight more exciting than tikka takka. Sorry I have veered off on a tangent and lost my original point haha.

Some of us enjoy watching flair players, he also busts a gut. Tidy little player and he seems to be acknowledging the fact he's too unselfish at times and has started having pops at goal. We have a lot bigger problems than Bernard.

The lads a joy to watch, I have a lot of time for players who try and entertain, at the end of the day that's what it should be like. Tactics in the modern game have killed the joy for most of us. We(English footy) used to get slated for direct football but it's a damn sight more exciting than tikka takka. Sorry I have veered off on a tangent and lost my original point haha.
That's all well and good, but like he isn't a demigod. No one is harmed when someone says they don't rate him as much.

I get being entertained is fun, but there's also a difference between entertaining and good. Ben Arfa for example straddled that line. Not that Bernard is similar to him, just that the line exists.

My brother isn’t. A fan and we often discuss his merits and failings at the match. For me, he provides something that is otherwise missing in the team, he can be brilliant, but is often infuriating. but I am an old git, and I remember the likes of Duncan McKenzie in a blue shirt and I loved him too (and if you never saw him, he was waaaay more ‘Bernard’ than Bernard is). so I do genuinely get what some don’t like about him, and if we brought someone in who could do those turns against the RS and finish them off with a goal, I would bin Bernie in a heartbeat, but until then, he is the one player we have who makes me smile when he plays!

Status
Not open for further replies.