2019/20 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree - but from the bench.

If we are to take the next step we need someone who's all round game is more polished.

Richarlison alongside someone like Immobile or Vardy would be immense.

If we get Europe and Tosun goes we'll definitely need another CF so I hope thats Carlo's plans long term.

DCL is his long term plan, lets bin off our top scorer always a good idea ;)

Still a long way to beat Marcus Stewart’s best season. Easy this one season scorer stuff
Again, what a pathetic comparison, Marcus Stewart was quickly sussed and not fancied a single bit by other managers. DCL has been the go to guy for Unsworth, Ferguson, Koeman, Silva and Ancelotti has today said he can be a “top class” striker, even Koeman showed faith in him at 18.

You seem determined to be right, which would mean DCL is bad, really odd fir a supposed Everton fan to want a player of ours to be bad, but to some internet rep is huge, I get that, keep fighting on.

Again, what a pathetic comparison, Marcus Stewart was quickly sussed and not fancied a single bit by other managers. DCL has been the go to guy for Unsworth, Ferguson, Koeman, Silva and Ancelotti has today said he can be a “top class” striker, even Koeman showed faith in him at 18.

You seem determined to be right, which would mean DCL is bad, really odd fir a supposed Everton fan to want a player of ours to be bad, but to some internet rep is huge, I get that, keep fighting on.
His competition in that times been tosun, a 40 year old Rooney and lord oumar lol

Didn't have a good game today, but very poor service. Still score and assisted in a goal could o f had a hatrick. Nearly got on that header first half and late miss.

His competition in that times been tosun, a 40 year old Rooney and lord oumar lol
His competition can’t be contrasted it compared. We have money, if DCL was the player you classing him as then he’d be easily replaceable, by even the most incompetent of scouts/DOF’s but he’s still here. Football people have faith in him, a chunk of fans have faith in him, people who made snap judgements are dying on hills all over the gaff.

BTW, your point about his competition at our club is valid, what an atrocious set of players (obviously allowing for Rooney’s sizeable downturn)

Love all the football experts in here telling us how crap he is. Coincidentally it's prob the same tossers who said Lukaku didn't run enough

Lukaku is a low work-rate striker that doesn't care to track back. Whether or not you care depends on how your team sets up. He wouldn't last five minutes under Klopp, and there's a reason Mourinho let him go. But for most sides, it's an aggravation rather than an issue.

Few players approach perfection; Pele and Messi are legends because they did. DCL remains wasteful as strikers go; he should be getting his noggin on the end of Bernard's pass, and he shouldn't be blazing sitters over the bar from six yards out like Altidore. He's scoring because we're creating a lot more quality chances post-Silva and, as Saint Domingo points out, he's much more frequently getting into spaces where he has an opportunity to convert.

It's OK for DCL to be an unfinished article at 21. The big thing that's missing remains the clinical finishing. I wouldn't expect him to go on Richarlison's long run, split two defenders and then slot home flawlessly in the far corner right now. I'll take slotting one of three great chances and springing Richarlison with his header for another.

Status
Not open for further replies.