2019/20 Fabian Delph

Status
Not open for further replies.

Was a good player, I hoped he would come here in order to improve himself
But it's another siggurdson/Walcott/Williams job, not good enough to play to 6 so let's come here to pick up a pay cheque

The Williams comparison could be most pertinent. Williams’ stock was high when he joined us and a lot of people thought he was a good player, but when he was challenged and felt the pressure his attitude turned sour and his stock plummeted. Delph is in a similar position now but the jury is still out, he needs to show some character to get himself back on track or he’ll be completely found out and end up on the scrap heap like Williams.

When they win the CL or even get to a final, maybe
Signing Neymar and co doesn’t make you a great team

Makes them a big club tho doesn’t it? Big clubs have big pull , attract and sign big players. Signing Mbappe and Neymar was a sign of a massive club. They could have gone to any other club in the world

Get the feeling he was signed with the line that he was going to be a key part of the team, like a Phil Neville signing - a leader. It hasn't worked out like that so he's been left in an awkward situation - undermined. I still hope he'll be a useful member of the squad - he was a decent enough player for England, if not spectacular. He should be a half-decent midfielder but has spent most of his time here injured or part of a poorly performing team - let's see how he does for the rest of the season.

Get the feeling he was signed with the line that he was going to be a key part of the team, like a Phil Neville signing - a leader. It hasn't worked out like that so he's been left in an awkward situation - undermined. I still hope he'll be a useful member of the squad - he was a decent enough player for England, if not spectacular. He should be a half-decent midfielder but has spent most of his time here injured or part of a poorly performing team - let's see how he does for the rest of the season.

Unfortunately a number of players seem to have gone that way call it the Silva syndrome.

The Williams comparison could be most pertinent. Williams’ stock was high when he joined us and a lot of people thought he was a good player, but when he was challenged and felt the pressure his attitude turned sour and his stock plummeted. Delph is in a similar position now but the jury is still out, he needs to show some character to get himself back on track or he’ll be completely found out and end up on the scrap heap like Williams.

That’s not what happened with Williams. His legs were gone, the Swans fans I know were saying this when we were being linked with buying him, and couldn’t understand why we were in for him. He came, and he was on the decline. It didn’t have anything to do with his attitude, father time caught him and his body failed him. That’s always a danger when you buy older players, and a bit of a worry when the Swans fan base knew he was finished but our scouts/ DOF couldn’t see the obvious

Status
Not open for further replies.