2019/20 Moise Kean

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was also a freak, once in a generation if not more talent. Bit of an unfair comparison.

FFS, I cant compare him to a 38 year old veteran, now I cant compare him to a 15 year old kid.

Is there any sort of comparison that will fit?

I dont get it. How is it not possible to compare two footballers? One is 20 in 3 weeks time, the other is 38. So what? They both do the same job. Why should highlighting that a bang average striker like Murray is way out perfroming a player who's been at top clubs?

I say again: I dont get it.
You never get anything in Football, not surprise.

Ha Ha. I for one care.
Needs to improve by 100% or he should be sold on in the summer.
'kin ell, I'd rather have a 38 year old Glenn Murray. He at least can find the net.
No one cares that he doesn't score? As said, I do. Very much so. That's what he's there for.
Are we to stop critiquing our players just because we got 3 points?

The lad is nowhere near good enough for Everton. Dont take my word on that, look at his stats. If you're happy with that then we really have seen standards fall.
Murray PL record: 1 goal every 3.5 games.

I can only hope Kean hits that ratio.

Are we to stop critiquing our players just because we got 3 points?

The lad is nowhere near good enough for Everton. Dont take my word on that, look at his stats. If you're happy with that then we really have seen standards fall.
Your criticism gets tiresome tbh Dave, say something positive for once, and your critiques just always end in he’s crap or some other insult and sell him.

20, a kid.

FFS.

Rooney was 15 and ready to play. 20 is plenty old enough. He has three seasons behind him now. Why are we making excuses for a £30M player with experience of top flight football? .

Rooney is one of the best to ever play the game and peaked early anyway. Imo he was on par with Ronaldo and Messi at one point but both of them are still at the highest level.

What's his price got to do with it? He doesn't set the fee, that's between Everton and Juventus. But thinking of his time here as a whole, he's very young, we have struggled under a poor manager, new culture for him, toughest league in the world and he's now showing glimpses of what he can do under a top manager. But here we are comparing a potentially world class player to Glenn Murray who at the same age was playing in the Lake District. On your own measurement, why wasn't Glenn Murray playing in the Premier league at 15?

Your criticism gets tiresome tbh Dave, say something positive for once, and your critiques just always end in he’s crap or some other insult and sell him.

If a player does well I praise it. I cant stand Pickford, but when he performs well I say so. I have no regard for Mina, but said he did well yesterday.

I need to be proven wrong.

You cant be happy with this player, can you?

The two things I'd note from yesterday. 1 is his desire to get into the box. He sprints probably 70 yards in the final minute of the game to put himself into a prime position. It's a poor finish, however if he takes a touch he gets a penalty as there is a shove in his back.

The 2nd thing, is watch him once the ball goes to Walcott, he bounces up and gets himself ahead of the other defenders for any rebound. I don't think you can teach instincts like that. Having missed a sitter, in a split second his first thought is to get himself into position again if anything bounces off. The closest I've seen to having that was Lukaku (but I don't even think it was as natural for Lukaku).

Now I am not for one minute saying he has the all round game of Lukaku, but it's just an observation. He really wants to score.

Yesterday he got really lucky. A poor finish (in part due to a push in his back) with his weaker foot led to an assist. I am a believer in general though, that you make your own luck. His attitude and application seem much better now, and it's amazing when thats the case, that certain things just roll for you.

Compare it to Leicester. If he is a yard further back he probably scores the goal of the season. It may well end up being the winning goal against title chasing Leicester. He is probably 6 inches way from this. It's just bad luck. You can do little more. Today he and the team got a little bit of good fortune. I'm not going to bemoan that.

There are lots of his all-round game that are very raw still. His touch can be hit and miss (though improves markedly once he scores) and his back to goal play isn't particularly hot. However his instinct to score is clearly there.

I felt this the moment I saw him against Watford the first time, he had a manner of doing things that is outstanding. He does complicated things (like turning and shooting in one motion, knowing where the goal is etc) very naturally, in a way that is indicative of a higher quality of player. He's the most naturally gifted striker I've seen since Lukaku and may well have areas in terms of his movement that is better than Lukaku. I hope Ancelotti can bring those out.

Really good point about the speed which he got back up. Striker's can sniff out the tap ins and he was Johnny on the spot if Walcott ballsed it up.

Really good point about the speed which he got back up. Striker's can sniff out the tap ins and he was Johnny on the spot if Walcott ballsed it up.

Yes I mean we are looking at small things and vernalising at this stage. However I remember thinking Lukaku didn't get enough "ugly" goals and Calvert Lewin gets even less so. The best I've seen for us was probably Jeffers. He had that instinct.

You can teach people to get better at it, but really it's just a reflex he's shown.

Yes I mean we are looking at small things and vernalising at this stage. However I remember thinking Lukaku didn't get enough "ugly" goals and Calvert Lewin gets even less so. The best I've seen for us was probably Jeffers. He had that instinct.

You can teach people to get better at it, but really it's just a reflex he's shown.

Played his part by winning the ball, legging it 70 yards, got himself in the right place at the right time AND (just as important) killed time in injury time by ball retention right up the top of the pitch.

If a player does well I praise it. I cant stand Pickford, but when he performs well I say so. I have no regard for Mina, but said he did well yesterday.

I need to be proven wrong.

You cant be happy with this player, can you?
The difference is some of us realise that he may need time to adapt to a new country, new league and so on, your view seems to be that if he’s not scoring every other game then he never will do, so get rid of him and go get Glen Murray

Not convinced it was a pass.

But he will be boss

Yeah he miss placed it to be polite, think he wanted to roll it passed the keeper but it was going wide, thankfully Walcott was still running

Credit to Moise for starting the break in the first place though, got his foot to the ball and put it out to Richy for the attack

Think he will be great next season

The difference is some of us realise that he may need time to adapt to a new country, new league and so on, your view seems to be that if he’s not scoring every other game then he never will do, so get rid of him and go get Glen Murray
I just want evidence he knows how to score regualrly.

His record before and with Everton does not fill me with confidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.