January Transfer Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
He has a contract, why would he accept a pay cut?

We are stuck with him unless we subsidise his wages.

If he's sold and gets a £65k a week contract, which is realistic, in the next 18 months he makes £5m. Would he rather stay, know he's not in the club's plans, that he's costing the club money and has been a flop for £20m - and come in for training every day for an extra £2.5m? He might fancy a fresh challenge, London or even a return to Southampton.

I doubt it but I would love Vecino to be a ploy to try get Napoli to lower their asking price for Allan.

With them having signed 2x CM's makes you think they would be open to letting him go this window but at 29 €42 million is steep.

He would certainly make more sense than Vecino.

Martina & Niasse will be gone in the summer

Baines potentially

The task is to get shot of Bolasie, Schneiderlin, Besic & Tosun who are clogging up the wage bill.

Sandro will be here til his contract runs out.

For me I would also be moving Kenny, Dowell & Davies on for fees as this will help us in terms of FFP with them being home grown. Kenny alone will likely fetch us around £15 million you would think if Schalke want him permanently.
We’ll have to around the same for Sidibe to replace, I’d rather give Kenny another pre-season and judge then.

Have we had any actual confirmed interest in any of these players, I haven’t seen a quote or any reliable sources link us with one player yet.

We’ll have to around the same for Sidibe to replace, I’d rather give Kenny another pre-season and judge then.

But in terms of FFP selling Kenny for £15 million makes us +£15 million profit in the accounts as he's home grown and cost us nought.

Signing Sidibe for say £13 million on a 5 year deal means £2.6 million per year on the accounts.

Therefore for the RB position we'll have only made a £2 million profit in terms of ins and outs but in terms of the FFP accounts for next year it would be a profit of £12.4 million.

Very basic as more included than that but player trading wise it makes sense selling home grown talent that cost us nothing for as much as we can get for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.