January Transfer Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Vecino is very very highly rated"

By who :eek: ?

That would be diagraceful.

If we sign him permanently then we'll all be asking who to sell him to in the summer.

Waste of money...

Should be signing starters to increase competition...Vecino will be a bench player at best next season.

I'd actually be annoyed with this...reminds me of a Delph / Walcott type deal.
So if Carlo see's this lad as a piece of the jigsaw as to how he wants the team to play over the next 2 or 3 season's you think you know better Zat ?....dont get you at all mate.

It stimulates responses from those silly enough to bite, he is good for the forum.
Not really. Informed comment is good, and when someone has genuine expertise it’s marvellous.
The danger is the idiocy drives away the experts and genuinely insightful. That doesn’t help the forum. Seen it happen elsewhere.

Who do you write for mate ?

The company I work for is called Ominsport, mate.

Our editorial stuff goes to loads of places - football wise a lot on Goal.com (which the parent company owns), FourFourTwo, Onefootball, beIN Sport, etc. All Sports content goes everywhere too, so hard to track sometimes!

One of those companies which pretty much has a presence on 75% of any sporting sites across the globe, I'd say.

He has been right and has been wrong but his arguments are valid for the most part . I think his stoic responses rub people up the wrong way .
Nah. Remember when chico used to be on here and made totally ridiculous posts and twist every response to make it seem like the other person was a racist/sexist/nonce etc.

Davek is like a dumbed down version of that.

.....the end of the window is very much in sight, here’s the Toffee transfer round-up for Sunday 26th January;

- Nicola Schira is described as a ‘reliable transfer expert’ and tweeted to say Everton are in talks to sign Gremio forward, Everton Soares and Inter Milan midfielder, Matias Vecino. Negotiations with 28 year old Vecino are advanced, the Toffees are offering a contract until 2024 and have submitted a €15m bid, but Inter want €20m.

- According to UOL, Everton are submitting a €25m bid for Soares in a deal which could rise to €30m with bonuses. The Toffees have sent a salary agreement to the 23 year old Brazilian international.

- The Liverpool Echo report Everton will cash-in if Wigan left-back Antonee Robinson joins AC Milan for £10m. The Toffees inserted a sell-on clause for the US international when he left Goodison.

- The Athletic suggest Everton are willing to listen to offers for 30 year old midfielder Morgan Schneiderlin this month. The Frenchman has 18 months left on his contract.

- Football Insider claim Everton have rejected the chance to sign Jean-Kevin Augustin who is currently on loan at Monaco from Leipzig. The 22 year old striker is now expected to join Leeds United.

Few quick thoughts:

- Selling Robinson for that amount would be nice

- I get the feeling Vecino is Plan B to Hojbjerg

- Schneiderlin is the biggest fraud in our squad. And that is saying something. Can't wait until he is sold... I don't even care one bit for how much.

- as for your take on CB, perhaps the emergence of Holgate this season caused them to either delay until summer window or get on board with Holgate/Mina being the pairing of the future? I'll be interested to see what they decide to do.

- Everton links seem to be strong enough to the point where I'd think it would be a surprise if he doesn't end up a Toffee...... I have my worries about him being weak physically and his technical abilities (this part might sound ironic, but I just feel he will need time and will also lose possession even moreso than Richarlison). His pace and some skill/flair/shooting are undeniable though, and I would not blame Carlo/Marcel one bit for making the move.

...he looks a big unit, not particularly fast but it’s useful to have height in there to win frequent aerial duals.
in the past I’ve always felt we’ve had a small team and midfield. Scheniderfraud despite his height is awful as a presence and in the air.
Be nice to have someone with a bit of strength.

I agree mate but in all honesty I've never really seen him as that type of player.

He's basically James McCarthy with a bit more technical skill but less tenacity if you get me. He'll put himself about, but won't really have a major impact going forward. Better passer but not exactly a string puller.

We desperately need a player who can progress the ball by running with it. From what I've seen over the past two/three seasons, that isn't him at all.

On about Vecino in particular

He is decent, will be an upgrade in presence in the midfield, is he going to be a world beater? No. Will he improve the current squad? Yes.

Not the most spectacular signing, but hopefully an efficient one.
i AM LITERALLY GOING BY YOUTUBE VIDS BUT IN ALL OF THEM HE CARRIES THE BALL MORE AND BETTER THAN any OF OUR PLAYERS AT PRESENT.

Stpupid caps lock
....looks a runner to me, takes the ball on the turn and makes ground but I’m only talking from watching his clips. We really need players who are brave and composed in possession.
Technical ability and physicality, exactly what we need in our midfield and Vecino would bring that. All that being said tho I’d hope that’s the last we see of bringing in players who’s value is starting to decline and are on big wages.

With Everton Soares, I’d prefer to be bringing in a left footed attacking player for a change but every time I’ve seen the lad play he’s looked superb and if that type of quality is available you get him in.

For me Vecino at Inter gets the ball and passes it on...or moves forward and passes it on...nothing noteworthy.

If i needed to write STRENGTHS and WEAKNESSES for him i wouldnt know where to start...he's just totally average.

If hes starting ahead of Gbamin / Gomes next season it means they are below average.

Why we would be signing average players is beyond me...yes hes probably better than Delph, Sigurdsson and Schneiderlin but really not a huge upgrade. .

Totally meh pointless signing. Id rather play one of the 3 donkeys over him till summer if hes the option now.

Quite annoyed at this

For me Vecino at Inter gets the ball and passes it on...or moves forward and passes it on...nothing noteworthy.

If i needed to write STRENGTHS and WEAKNESSES for him i wouldnt know where to start...he's just totally average.

If hes starting ahead of Gbamin / Gomes next season it means they are below average.

Why we would be signing average players is beyond me...yes hes probably better than Delph, Sigurdsson and Schneiderlin but really not a huge upgrade. .

Totally meh pointless signing. Id rather play one of the 3 donkeys over him till summer if hes the option now.

Quite annoyed at this

He's no Allan thats for sure.

Quite annoyed at this
All of that was said for Gareth Barry. None of us know what Vecino would be like under CA. We don’t know what role he will play.

Does/can Rodriguez play on the right?

Imagine if we pulled off a deadline day bonanza:

Everton Soares - LW
Vecino - CM
Rodriguez - RW

would completely change our midfield and add some much needed creativity and goal threat.

He’s played on either wing a lot in his career. Personally I think it would make loads of sense.

Bernard and James roaming in from the wings, Digne and Sidibe flying up the line.

It means that players like Delph and Vecino would be able to focus on winning and moving the ball to the wide players.

Quite annoyed at this

I assume Carlo knows the player well from his time in Italy. We have to trust him!

So if Carlo see's this lad as a piece of the jigsaw as to how he wants the team to play over the next 2 or 3 season's you think you know better Zat ?....dont get you at all mate.

I just cant see how hes going to be a good player for us.. at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.